Pot Snobs Vs. Brick Weed Smokers

Discussion in 'General' started by Jeramiah, Nov 28, 2009.

1. Personally I envy and respect those of you that are Epicureans at heart with fine tastes in high quality glass, and out-of-this-world Bud. What I wouldn't give for some Mr. Nice. Guy and a gel chilled illadelph with ashcatcher! So don't get me twisted, I really do envy those weed conniseurs and glass afficianados :)

In Boulder (before MMJ was legalized for medicial) you couldn't give shwag (our terminology for brick weed) away to the stoners, and i even had potheads leave me to my bowl of mass produced brick ganj. I guess if the money's good and you have no reason to smoke the shwag, then by all means go for it! I however am a poor ass, and scrape by to eat.

My brain is always stuck in quantity mode. Quality is only figured in to the equation when I have an over-abundance of money and good smoking utensils :p My motto is beggars cannot be choosers, and right now my funds are low.

Who would turn down weed? I've only been picky when the weed didn't even look good and gave me headaches! I'm in hog heaven when I'm lucky enough to smoke some kill budz out of a good bong.

Has anyone else had this issue with picky stoners?

• Like Like x 1
  2. I used to smoke mostly that brick shit, and occasionally funk would come around.

then i moved to boone, nc, and the chron is always flowing up here. i smoked such brick after a couple months up here and it tasted like dirt, i mean, i still smoke it, but yeah, dirt. I only use mids for blunts, even if all this sweet ganj is costing me a bit.

so yeah

<---pot snob

3. I think shwag is usually national terminology for brick weed.

4. i would give shwag away fuck that shit. i like to get smarter when im high not dumber and lazy

5. Up in canada in the 905 its impossible to find brick. Worst stuff i can find is the 'china bud' as we call it. Its just generic dro, still looks nice and has nice crystal however its very generic in scent and is nothing terribly special. Most of the time its all kush or nice outdoor grows :)

6. I consider myself a pot "snob" when it comes to weed. I only smoke dank. I hate shitty weed and would rather not get high than smoke regs but I always have dank so I don't have that problem.

If you can only afford to smoke regs just be happy that you can smoke that, there is nothing wrong with it. Different smokes for different folks.

7. in canada the kush is the same price as the shwag or as he said^^, china bud. china bud sucks imo. shit knocks me out when i smoke to get high where as the kush goes all day. i hate shwag

8. Yeah, all the Mexican run bricks get pretty much filtered out moving through the States, so up here we're pretty self sufficient with a bunch of (excluding BC here for a bit) mid indoor and decent outdoor. And then we bring BC back into it and hit crazy world renown. I love Cannukland:hello:

9. It's either way with my friends, if you're going to turn up a reggy blunt, then just don't get high.

They dank is always nice, but I see no reason to smoke it 24/7.

When we're talking Mexican brick weed, it's usually not as good as some of the mids/regs you can come across for the same price. That whole peeling my pot apart thing isn't exactly appealing, but again, if it means smoking or not smoking I'll take it every time.

10. One of my rules is: "Quality is remembered after price is long forgotten."

While this doesn't really apply too well to drugs, I really don't know anyone that sells crumby weed. Even the cheap stuff around here has high levels of THC.

I like savoring the flavor and aroma of marijuana, so I always try to buy the best stuff I can get-- even if it means I have to buy a smaller amount due to budget constraints. I'd rather have some weed that will put me in a higher plane from one or two puffs rather than "schwag" that will do the same thing after an entire bowl.

11. well dude...im from california man so i grew up smoking on dankalicious chronic nuggetry...then i moved out to the midwest and now i usually smoke brick weed...had to get used to it...its not that bad considering an eighth is 10 bucks and the weed isnt THAT shitty...its usually mids that have been bricked.

12. I love all weed, headies and reggie/mids. 2 weeks ago I got my monthly supply of 1/2 o of afghan kush and an ounce of reggie/low mids.

13. I would have to smoke 5-6 bong tokes to get high off swag and cough my lungs up doing it I will be high but my lungs are killed in the process.

Now with dank herb I take 1-2 bong hits and I'm high. When it comes down to it your spending the same amount and doing less damage on your lungs. I haven't smoked swag
    in many years I don't plan to unless thats all there is.

Do your lungs a favor save up and buy yourself a zip of good nugget you will never go back.
    Oh and HOT chicks like nuggs UGLY girls smoke swag.

14. I don't smoke brick weed. It's a waste of money IMO as it just ends up giving you a headache. If money's tight, I'll settle for mids. even though they're cheap, it's really not terrible quality: nice and green, good smell and taste, minimal seeds.

If it's schwaggy I'll turn it down, but where I live that type of bud rarely ever comes around.

15. As a native Californian (never lived outside Sacramento) I have never even seen mids before in my entire life. I feel so spoiled, but I've pretty much been smoking medicinal quality since I started. I don't even know what shwag smells/looks like?!

16. Brick weed is males and females, bugs and pests, compressed together. Then sprayed with chemicals or odor eliminators. The nutes are rarely removed. Mold and other horrors await the lungs..

17. well i'm a grower, so i get dank, and lots. also i find that good weed gives me a good high, whereas shwag will give me a shitty high, so i have never bought shwag as i dont enjoy smoking it.

i will admit though, im definently not one those with the double perc roor

18. Like, I'll smoke schwag.

But the high is not nearly as good as say, Sour Diesel's or OG Kush.

In conclusion, yes... I would say I have fine tastes and standards, but I am not a snob. I can tell when my weed is better than someones (almost always down at school, at least) but I won't turn down their stuff, because well... weed is weed.:smoke:

19. id rather have a oz of good reggie over a 1/4 of dank

i dont fuck with shitty brown stuff some good mids with good taste is all i need

20. All I know is that if I had some mids and was sharing it with someone and they are like, "Fuck that, I'm not smoking that shit." I would punch them in the mouth for being so fucking rude.