pot size question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mroso408, Oct 15, 2011.

1. i want to grow some dwarf plants in my grow tent (32x32x63)...i have 4 1 1/2 gallon pots...i want to veg 4 clones till bout 7inches than flower..i have 400w hps cool tube..IS THIS POSSIBLE..please any advice will help thanks

2. If you have all that upward grow space then go with bigger pots...the bigger the pot, the better the plant will grow...it wont be starved for nutrients when there is more soil to draw from...I use 5 gal pots with 63" tent and always have plenty grow space for the top colas...I start flowering at 8" with 400 watt HPS .

3. [quote name='"growsensmokes"']If you have all that upward grow space then go with bigger pots...the bigger the pot, the better the plant will grow...it wont be starved for nutrients when there is more soil to draw from...I use 5 gal pots with 63" tent and always have plenty grow space for the top colas...I start flowering at 8" with 400 watt HPS .[/quote]

how big do they usually get wen u harvested

4. I veged mine to 10" under a 400w mh then switched to hps for flower. I have two that are aout 30" and one that is about 20". There are pics in my journal at three weeks into flower with nice buds starting. They are five weeks now and getting much fatter. They are in 5 gallon buckets as well, but 4.5g would probably be just fine if your only vegging to around 1ft.