Pot Size in hydro

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by justjr27, Jun 19, 2010.

1. Im planning a 130 plant Drip to Waste system but I dont know what size pot I will need I was thinking maybe a 1 gallon pot will be enough to grow a plant from 4" to harvest Let me know what you guys with exp. think. Heres a little more info

The 130 plants are going to be placed in hydroton pots when it reaches 4" Then vegged for 10 days under three 1,000 watt hps lights 24hrs. Then flowered under seven 1,000 watt lights until ready. C02 will be supplied.

So with the info given do you guys think that I can use a 1 gallon pot and still be able to get at least 2 oz per plant.

2. Come on guys I know there is a word of people in here who can help

3. Okay here it comes...

You want to grow 130 Plants under 7000 watts in drip to waste but you don't know what size pot to use? Really? Have you grown a single plant in a 1 gallon pot and achieved 2 oz?

So you are going to Veg 130 plants under HPS instead of MH? Plants = Clones I assume? Are these lights also being used for flowering? You have a lot of holes here. Also you only have 54W / Plant. Why so many plants? You could get similar yields without going over 20 plants with different styles.

I think you should be a lot less lofty in your goals to start with. If you had the experience to answer your own questions you might realize that 130 Plants and 7000W of lights or potentially 10000W at peak veg and flower times (2nd grow) + Ventilation you are sucking some SERIOUS juice and need to have electrical work done. Not to mention the ventilation to cool that. you say C02 will be supplied, thats all well and good but thats not your only problem.

Have you ever grown a plant in a 1 gallon pot and gotten 2 oz? You didn't mention strain or nutes, that question is totally unreasonable to answer.

I really am trying to help you not put yourself in a position where you find yourself over your head with either controlling the grow or problems with it and ask why didn't anyone warn me. So listen or not consider your plan advised against.

4. Square footage is going to determine your maximum pot size and the logistics of the water supply and lamp setup most imo.

5. Boho
    First off let me Thank you for replying But why dont you take it down a notch with the hostility Let me be write a story of myself and explain every thing so no one else jumps to conclusion again. lol jesus

I have grown many times using the equip. I noted before in soil but new to hydro. The reason I want to do so many plants is because I want a crop every 73 days I dont want to veg plants for a month at a time like I'm used to I have seen alot of growers doing this on trays with 6" rockwool cubes and getting 2 0z and more of plants with almost no veg times from clones. So I was wondering if I could use a 1 gallon pot nursery pot with is larger than those 6" cubes

And if youd slow down and not be in such of a hurry to bash on my thread you would notice I stated hydroton as medium

6. Aye I went back and corrected myself immediately after posting remembering that you did. I really was trying to be helpful and it wasn't hostility as much as frustration seeing the same thing over and over. Someone makes and account and one of their if not their first post is immediately about some huge undertaking that requires an obviously large amount of large and time to respond to. And to give the community about 3 hours to accomplish this task and present it to you before "bashing" the communities response time. Come on man. That is the source of my frustration.

My suggestions were to point out the inability for anyone to help you when your plan is loose at best and not well presented and then bashed after nobody helps you out after 3 hours, how about you give us a break. My SUGGESTION was based on your clear lack of commitment to thoroughly and clearly articulate your plan and then impatience on the response. Based on these 2 qualities I think 130 Plants and 7000W is a lofty goal.

I never bash anyones questions, I do point out where they could improve them to help get better responses but when someone bashes our response time to your all important question, then it tends to under my skin a bit. Good Luck with it and I really hope I helped in some way.

Last thing to note, adding information about planning a crop every 73 days and previous experience, questions about specific methods like you did in your follow up post would be very helpful for the first post.

7. Its all good in the hood man There wasnt any bashing intended on my second post at all Im sorry if you or anyone on here took it that way I here to help and be helped after all we are all fighting the same war togethor

8. It's good I said my peace, it just gets frustrating sometimes. Sounds like you have a plan in place, I might search for keywords like hydro drip perpetual SOG journals and take a look at what someone in a similar all be it smaller setup yields.

9. I will try that thanks