Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"pot gland"

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nb790, Mar 28, 2011.

1. haha i know it doesnt exist.. but.. sometimes it feels like im pretty high when i didnt smoke.. only because i had been smokin heavy a few days before (i think?)
    the other day i was driving a friend somewhere and i felt baked.. hadnt smoked that day, but i just felt soo relaxed.. my body was tingling a little.. i just felt good. to the point where i didnt wana move or talk, just enjoy the feeling..

anyone else get this on those off days you dont smoke? haha it's like our bodies' thc reserves :smoke:

2. THC absorbs into your fat, when you burn the fat, the THC is released into your system without smoking.

3. yeaa.. its odd though because im seriously probably only about 8 or 9% body fat.. very lean kid so you wouldnt think my body couldn't store that much.. it's great when it happens though haha not complaining at all. :smoke:

4. wha wha whaat?

5. nah thats all just cannabinoid metabolites. theres nothing in there that can get you high.

I'm gonna guess that you normally drive alot when your smoking?

It could be that your just primed to feel high when you drive.

6. Doug Benson made a joke about this on Super High Me. I'm trying to find it on youtube but it's difficult.

7. #7 nb790, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2011
    eh not too often.. maybe a couple times a week.
    it lasted for like 40 minutes.. haha almost a complete high for free. surprise high...

doesn't anyone else get this? some of my friends have noticed it in the past also..

haha thats what made me think of it.. i tried finding it too, just not with much effort.

it was after one of his first shows sober and one of his comedian buddies was saying how he has a little pot gland in his body for when he isnt smoking.

8. #8 mast3rmind, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2011
    Yeah I think it was Patton Oswalt that said it I just can't seem to find that bit on youtube. Oh well at least i'm watching the movie again and i'm baked :)

Found it

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bejoQUFHU_s[/ame]

at ~ :40 seconds in.

9. I remember back in the day after I started smoking fairly heavily (every other day) I would be sitting in class, and all of the sudden I just had this overwhelming sense of "Everything is just perfect" like a perfect state of zen.

10. No, this is absolutely not true.

11. The pot gland thing is a myth belive you me. I've gone a year smoking every day at least a gram. And when I quit did I feel high? No I felt like shit.

12. Really? I had always thought that some of the THC (as with other fat soluble chemicals) would find it's way into your fat reserves.

I'm not saying it get's you high, just that its there.

13. You should understand the pharmacology of marijuana if you're partaking in it.

THC is metabolized into mostly inactive compounds, first 11-Hydroxy-THC and subsequently 11-nor-9-Carboxy-THC. Completely different compounds.

14. That's like saying you should know all about wood if you live in a house.

Don't get me wrong, I do want to know more about bud, but I've got a lot of other things floating around in my head that take precedence over the chemical compounds involved in getting me high.

And if I understood what you said correctly (correct me if I'm wrong) THC still does get into your fat reserves, just not in a form that will result in a high.