Pot bust nets huge harvest

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by JPG, Jul 29, 2013.

1. The title above was the headline in the MN Star Tribune last Thursday.  You may have already heard about it:  5,500 mj plants were seized on a farmers field in NE Minnesota by a busload of law enforcement agents last Wednesday.  Officials suspected up to 6 Mexican nationals were involved in the growing operation.  They had tents and tarps set up and a rudimentary irrigation system.  First off, why the hell are the Mexicans over here in MN trying to grow dope?  This is shit I might hear about coming out of the West coast, but not MN.  And do they really have to grow thousands of plants - where the heck is the enjoyment in that?  What sucks is that this makes guerrilla growers like myself more cautious than ever, because with heightened awareness of outdoor grow operations, authorities and farmers are on the look-out for these plants.  People getting busted on these large scale operations make it that much more difficult for growers with small plots.  This just made me mad to watch on the news and then read about in the paper.  Keep it real outdoor growers.  Just had to rant. 

2. Why MN?
    Middle of nowhere

Why 5,500 plants?
    Go big or go home

Cartel don't give a fuck about your guerilla grow

• Like Like x 3
  3. Yep its bullshit. Its those reasons why helicopters comb over states.

4. Yeah, you guys are both right on, but it is just plain greed that led to this pot bust.  Even in the middle of nowhere somebody is going to stumble over 5,500 plants, may it be a hunter, fisherman, berry or shroom picker, naturalist, bird watchers, or hikers.  And like you said Kb, authorities have stepped up their fly-overs in recent years.  We have more single engine planes rather than helicopters that patrol large swaths of land.  Pilots like to cut their engine off and glide through the air space nearly undetectable.  I have become way more careful and wary when I'm out checking on my plots.

5. [​IMG]

Where theres a will there's a way

[​IMG]

^ that's why.

• Like Like x 3
  6. The cartels use these same tactics in Cali too. They are expanding and can make more money growing closer to the east coat. Less travel of product to sell where it sells at higher prices. It's greed that drives them and the workers tending to the crops are usually a victim forced to grow. The cartel will threaten family members to get you to do what they want. It's never a good thing to come across while minding you own business in the wood. They have been know to fire and kill people near their crops.

7. Had this happen in Maine in 2009. They caught one of the illegals on the run and he ratted out the guys that brought him to Maine.
    Their just going to trial now. Doesn't look good for the financiers. A bright spot may be that they want large plots, so they wont
    bother with  the little guy.

8. That doesn't happen here is pure ignorance that kind of thinking will get you in hot water fast crime is everywhere and money doesn't sleep wake up bro

”Hard work, dedication”-Floyd Mayweather Jr.