Postal Safety & A Possible Workaround When Ordering Seeds to Australia

Discussion in 'Security' started by Gazz1975, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and had a quick question for any Australians here. I understand the risks associated with shipping seeds to Oz, so I've opted (common sense) to have my shipments delivered elsewhere. The only issue is that 'elsewhere' in my state is either to friends and relatives of my wife who would all not really appreciate a potential raid (unlikely) in the event of possible confiscation by customs.

To get around this, I'm thinking of shipping to my dear old mumsie who is in another state. When she understands that my choices may save someone's life (cancer) I'm certain she can handle a one-off visit from the fuzz.

My question is, if I have the shipment delivered interstate and with her re-posting it to me, what (if any) is Australia Post's approach to inspecting domestic letters and parcels?

I got there eventually. :D

Thanks again for any wisdom you can share to a newbie!!

Gary

2. As far as I know, domestic packages in Australia don't get checked. I'm sure they have drug dogs ect. I've never bought any illegal substances online and had it shipped but I did buy a 1.5 watt laser (very illegal) within Australia and it got delivered with no hassle.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Order fifty separate shipments to your address. you're sure to get some if some get confiscated at least that will overwhelm and collapse the Aussie postal system and you won't get caught probably. Either way don't order something damning to other people.. esp unwittingly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ive bought seeds from the vault seedbank multiple times and never had a problem getting them delivered to my door. They're pretty good at hiding the seeds within other basic items.

5. #6 nugwings777, Apr 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2017
    sounds a bit fucked up to me .Using another person is bait for the cops you realize if they can't bust you for that they might attempt to find any reason to charge that person they can find .Yes its a risk its seeds . I've took the risk an got lucky .I can't say I will never say I can't get caught .If you were smart and rather have a lot of beans if you did risk getting it to yourself get different varieties to cross each other and you'll get seeds . you can just do a one time thing (your choice not mine) an it requires a lot of research before hand than just someone giving you all the info. on platter not to sound overly rude .

• Like Like x 1
  6. What seed bank u getting them from? alot of them wont send ur way BUT there are some that will

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

7. I used Seedsman, i'm in the states and have a medical card so i'm not sweating it but... it still could have been swiped by customs... $90 on the line isn't much for some people, but to me its a fair bit of money. Can't complain about them so far but if they ship to Australia, highly recommend.