Post Your Grow Box Setup Details & Pics

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by zeroz52, Sep 27, 2011.

1.  Hi there GC. I'm rather new to this site, but I thought this thread would be helpful for new guys/gals like myself.

I noticed that there was not a thread which just focused on posting pics of your setup and giving some details. I think this would be greatly helpful, and will centralize info as a jumping point for new people.

Hopefully we can keep it on point, and allow us to share our grow setups with the community. Inspiring new people and maybe getting some new ideas. Hopefully this thread will be helpful. :D

I know this is a fruitless wish, but....
    Just post you pics and setup info. If you would like info on someones grow, search for threads they started, or pm them for more info please.

2. #2 zeroz52, Sep 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2011
    I'll start.

Type of Build:\t\t PC Case, Antec 100
    Dimensions (HxWxD): 19” x 8” x 19”\t
    Lighting, Veg:\t\t (4) CFLs, 26 watt // (3) 6500K, (1) 2700K
    Lighting, Flower:\t (4) CFLs, 26 watt // (1) 6500K, (3) 2700K
    Ventilation, Exhaust: (2) PC fans // (1) 120mm, (1) 140mm
    Ventilation, Intake: (1) Passive
    Odor Elimination:\t Carbon Filters sheets & ONA
    Temps, Room:\t\t 66F
    Temps, Grow box:\t 73F – 77F (lights on)
    Temps, Grow box:\t Unknown (lights off)
    Yields:\t\t\t Unknown

Notes:
    My first grow is in process

Pics:

Attached Files:

3. I just posted this in its own thread, but think this is a good idea, so i will repost here.

I built it out of an old fridge. It has a veg/bonsai mum cab up top, and a flowering cab on the bottom.

This cab is a proven winner for my climate, although i wouldn't recommend a fridge for everyone. It really depends on your climate. I could see it getting a bit too hot in some climates, even with CFL's and good exhaust. The thing with fridges is you can keep the ambient air cooled, but the insulation seems to absorb the heat and store it over time. For my climate this is perfect since it releases that heat during lights out and so the fridge does a good job of regulating its temp and not dropping to low. no problem maintaining darn near perfect temps. But again in hotter climates it could be an issue.

The cab is several years old now. Most of the design was my own doing. I just went at it not knowing if it would work. after finding it to work quite well i set out to refine the veg chamber, and found the vertical scrog method being used for a frig setup on youtube, so i cant take credit for the vertical scrog idea to optimize space, but it works great for the fridge layout.

there are exhaust fans in each chamber, and passive intake. there are dimmers setup on the fans to help regulate temps. The power strip light fixtures can be lowered or raised as needed and can add light bulbs as needed as well. There can also be added very easily power strip fixtures to the door if necissary. (mostly used if scrog is not being employed)

In the flower chamber there is room for two good sized plants/pots, but you could go with less or more depending on how you wanted to work the flower stage. Anything from one very large plant scrogged to several smaller plants for SOG

Inside the veg chamber you will notice a homemade cloner and small Male Isolation Chamber fit quite nicely with room to spare for several bonsai mothers.

anyways here are the pics, sorry they are a bit messy in these pics, the fridge had not been cleaned in awhile, but thats another great thing is that it is very easy to clean and sterilize the chambers. Its now clean but im to lazy to take more pics and upload them.

Thanks for looking. If you have any questions or comments please share or ask.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. How did you get the inside of your pc case completely flat like that? I have sharp edges comming from everywhere it seems compares to yours. Idk I'd the Mylar will go around the sharp parts :(

5. [quote name='"Pixhul420"']How did you get the inside of your pc case completely flat like that? I have sharp edges comming from everywhere it seems compares to yours. Idk I'd the Mylar will go around the sharp parts :([/quote]

Wow now I feel stupid. I believe you used foam..?

6. Its not mylar, its one of those car shield things that reflects the sun and keeps your shit cool. They are a few bucks at most any store in the summer time.

7. Oh ok. But can you tell me the layering you used? Did you glue foam to the pc case then the car sheild? I got my stripped and all ready I just don't know the layering process

8. Bump....come on you can do it, post some pics. :smoke:

9. I shall post some pics when I have my set up ready. I am setting up a micro grow in a box I am building that is still in progress

10. Ok here's my first grow, I bought a chest of draws and put together without the draws to get a stealth effect going on. Any way the setup is 72cmx35cmx68cm using 125w cfls (blue for veg and i will switch to red for flower). The inside is lined with diamond reflective sheet with 2 passive intakes and a 60cm pc fan on a third intake; all intakes pulling air from 3" gap under the cabinet. Exhausts are 1 x 100cm pc fan pulling air from behind the lights and 1 x 120mm pc fan set at the top rear of the box, there is negative air pressure inside the cabinet. Inside is a 6" fan blowing air over the lights towards the exhausts, temps are stable at 27 degrees c lights on and 21 lights off. I have added a diy co2 gen.

box.JPG

box in 1.JPG

box in 2.JPG

Hope you like it guys...

11. bump, i want to see some more!