Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Post your ailments and what Cannabis does to help

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by ChronicPooper, Jul 2, 2010.

1. For me I can't sleep and when I don't sleep, my body does not get rest, and I feel groggy and out of it the next day. I also am slowly starting to lose my appetite for some reason, which I don't mind (I meditate and try to balance and energize myself that way). The part I do mind is that sometimes I feel hungry but have no appetite for any food.. I know sounds weird but it sucks cock. I can't even force food down or I will just feel like I do not even need it. Maybe I really don't need it that much haha..

That is just the mental strain I get from my reality... the body pain... oh my

I was very young when I first went to a skatepark. I insisted that my parents take me, basically bugged the fuck out of them. Needless to say I fell one too many times on my back and fucked it up somehow because ever since on random days I have excrutiating lower back pain that nothing much else helps but a good strong indica.

I used to not be able to focus so a full sativa or a sativa dominant hybrid helped a lot. Now I meditate as much as I can which has helped a lot with my focus, and concentration.

So what I am basically asking is how crippled are you and how does Cannabis do to help bring you back to life? :hello:

2. i personally suffer from chronic shoulder pain and random anxiety so i went to obtain my medical card ( good ol' cali :) ) and since then i use mostly indicas because they help go through my day without being cripped by pain, and if i ever feel a freak out coming it helps me calm down.

3. Hi my name is matt and i'm addicted to crack..

no but seriously, i have anxiety (gets very bad sometimes), and sleeping problems. MJ helps me relax and puts me to sleep:D

also very bad back pains:(

4. Chronic and severe migraines from severe head traumas. I also have problems with focusing and sleeping. I find a nice mix of Sativa/Indica helps my headaches, and a more Sativa/Sativa dom helps me focus more.

5. I have been diagnosed with three different chronic pain illnesses. I have moderate to severe fibromyalgia, RA of the neck, shoulders and spine, and I have mixed connective tissues disease which tears down the healthy tissues that supposrt my joints, heart and lungs. So yeah, I'm in constant, never ending pain. I have not a had a moment without pain in over three years. Although the cannabis doesn't, and will probably never take away all of my pain, it lessens it significantly, making life a tad more tolerable.

6. i dont have a medical license or get from a dispensary or anything like that but i find mj helps with muscle and joint pain for me (i have a bad knee and a bad elbow and bad hips)

7. Self-medicate for depression and insomnia

8. constipation and staying asleep.

for years i have been plagued by frequent constipation, smoking any amount of weed at night makes me have to shit like clock work in the morning when i get up.

also have a habit of falling asleep and waking up once or twice through the night. smoking weed at night puts me to sleep and i stay asleep.

also frequent knee pains are dulled by it, both high and when i come down and even when sober.

9. constipation and staying asleep.

for years i have been plagued by frequent constipation, smoking any amount of weed at night makes me have to shit like clock work in the morning when i get up.

also have a habit of falling asleep and waking up once or twice through the night. smoking weed at night puts me to sleep and i stay asleep.

also frequent knee pains are dulled by it, both high and when i come down and even when sober.

10. I haven't smoked for a very long time, and I am not smoking until I get my card, but mmj is sopposed to help what I have which is-

Bipolar Disorder: mood swings, anxiety insomnia, etc.

ADHD: inability to concentrate and focus, impulsivity, impatience etc.

Fibromyalgia: severe pain, anxiety, insomnia, exhaustion, nausea, muscle weakness, etc.

possible Celiac Disease: lack of appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation, muscle weakness, fatigue etc.

I do think I need a card...

Sammy

11. i usually smoke berry-bolt or oregon 90

list of different pains (mostly back and joint pain)
    two broken back episodes
    tears in ligaments in both knees and right ankle
    shoulder joint rubs in socket
    scoliosis (constant back pain)

chronic insomnia caused by pain and RLS (i dont think its bad but i was diagnosed)

12. its always nice to hear how cannabis is improving the quality of peoples lives. what i find interesting is that i have never seen a post or comment saying cannabis didn't help someone with whatever ailment they are suffering from. where are those people?
    although i started smoking just for recreation, i have found that i completely alleviates the symptoms of restless leg syndrome, which is a overwhelming sensation to move your legs or arms whenever attempting to sleep or relax. also, i can erase the pain of a long days work with a nice bowl or firecracker.

13. :hippie:Autonomic, axonal and sensory neuropathy, chronic (autoimmune) pancreatitis.
    Helps with opiate resistant pain, chronic nausea, spasm.

14. I forgot about the RLS! I was diagnosed with that too after they made me go through the sleep lab. I used to have to take 4 of these little yellow pills every night before going to bed, and they still didn't help that much. But the RLS has pretty much gone away since I started smoking cannabis. I only have sporatic episodes of it now. Wow...That makes FIVE prescriptions that have been replaced by cannabis for me. I think that's effing amazing!!
    I can't stop saying that. :smoke:

15. I've had psychiatric problems since the early 90's and MMJ helps me relax, helps me sleep, takes my mind off of things and inspires me to be creative.

16. :mad:------>:smoking:------>:)

17. #17 kav2, Jul 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2010
    i shattered a large part of my tibia, and had a syndesmotic injury in the ligament that runs up my legs. I got a surgery called tightrope fixation.. This is an alternative to having screws put in. I have much chronic pain and stiffness in my ankle, and when i smoke its like it is dulled to where i can abrely feel the pain. I don't actually have a medical card, but i am going to apply for one soon.

18. Man honestly, I feel for the patients in the legal states which I am a part of..

In all honesty though Cannabis is and always was legal based on the land. If momma Earth can grow cannabis with ease, it is legal and ok to use. Just gotta be smart and not let police harrass you about it because it could happen. Its like being inside a tent full of mosquitos, you are trying to sleep (smoke cannabis, its an analogy), but the mosquitos keep biting you and keep you up (police fool you and keep you hooked in the system 'courts, prison, fines')

I have a feeling it is going to be legalized in Cali this year, I have had prophetic dreams about it.

Cannabis is just as much of a 'legal' medicine, as opium, and many other plants, which the government takes away the natural source and replaces is with adderall, oxys, heroin, marinol, and not surprisingly either they dont work, or the side effects are worse than the drug itself. It's like "Hey lets abuse our power and make these super powerful pill based on the natural sources, instead of educating people on gardening and how to cultivate these beautiful flowers of medicine and joy."

Lol sorry got wayy carried away there, but another thing is that I wake up in the mornings really nauseaus... (i think im pregnant lmao XD)

19. I suffer from terrible anxiety and stress out over silly things. Cannabis relieves me of my pressures and helps me go throughout my day with no constant thinking of the money I owe my friends or how (back when I was in school) I am failing some classes.

20. I have Crohns disease and marijuana helps soothe all the pain from it. Thank god we can get mmj for it. I can't wait to move to one of the states that allows it.