Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Marijuana

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Purple Buzz, Feb 9, 2008.

1. is there any way shape or form that weed could help my PTSD? if so then how?

read my story and let me know what you think if any of you are psychologist majors or experts.

2. It varies greatly. For some with PTSD some report great results from cannabis. But for others THC greatly amplifies any type of underlying stress or anxiety disorder. Basically, it depends on what type of person it is, but I encourage you to read these stories on erowid. For some, THC has helped their PTSD, but for others it completely destroyed them :http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_Cannabis.shtml

3. hey man, first off i hate the fact that this happens to you, i have a friend who has a friend in the military who has PTSD and he is a stand up guy, i hate to see him go through it.

anyway how often do you smoke, sometimes smoking increses nerves, like mine for example im on a 1 month break from chronic useage, and i realize that when a cop gets behind me, or something like that, it dosent bother me anymore, little things like that, not just cops that was just an example.

anyway if you smoke often try stopping for a month.

honestly im no doctor so i couldnt tell you a sure shot way, all i can tell you is something that helps me every now and again when i get nervous

when i get riled up like you do (even if its not bad like yours) i think to myself why am i freaking out over this shit, someone else somewhere else is worried about if they will be able to feed their kids dinner each day, live in huts, in dirt, wash their clothes in the rive etc... and im worried about talking to a girl?!

put your problems in aspect with the worlds problems and you will realize how small they really are, sometimes people like yourself with ptsd feel the weight of the world on their shoulders.

its hard to feel the weight of the world when your standing on top of it.

try to step outside your own box and realize how good you have it. thats what i do anyway

4. Well said man +rep

5. i dont smoke that often, like i havent smoked for a few weeks now i started again. so id say about 2-3 times a week. im experimenting and i wanna smoke before i go to school more often, smoking a night before school helps sometimes.

and everything else you said, there are 2 ways of seeing things, 1) knowing it, which is what you talking about it. and 2) experiencing it, totally different.

ive heard a lot about what you said, and people would tell me about war in iraq and blah blah blah, its all just information. if my body hasnt experienced any of that, then the information could be just as useless as reading about how to talk to women but never putting yourself out there. reading wont help, you gotta do the sh*t in order for it to work.

my life experiences made me this paranoid guy, and i think only life experiences can take that away or at least alleviate the stress, not knowing whats going on in the world. at least thats my experience, but its cool that it helps you though.

6. yeah i had a couple of panic attacks but it was when i ate brownies, those really fuck you up thats why i dont mess with them.

7. Wow, the PTSD seems to be really bad, judging from your blog post. I've never made fun of it, I didn't even know people did.

8. you dont have to go to war in iraq, that had nothing to do with anything aside me relalting to your problem because i have a friend going through what your going through. no i dont know what its like, but he tells me all about it. and i watch him go through it, (food for thought, because i dont know how bad yours is) but have you ever woke up in the middle of the night choking your wife, while she screams to wake bring you back to consciousness while your 5 year old kid comes down the hall to see what the problem is, because of some ptsd dream/flashback youre having subconsciously while you sleep, ive never been shot but chances are i could imagine pretty close to what it would feel like if i got shot.

all i was saying is, relate your problems (not your past experiences that gave you those problems) to someone elses problems i was not trying to be-little them in anyway. you freak out inside about this girl or anything, you feel like your gonna die, or snap, or melt, whatever... all those are just feelings. not being able to feed your 3 children that live in a dirt hut dinner that night is "just a feeling" which would you rather feel, thats all im saying. and im not saying put your life experience in perspective with the worlds... i said, put your problems in perspective with the wolrds.

hope that makes sense, whether it helps you, or you even actually try it out is up to you. maybe if not it will help somone else one day when they stumble on this thread. either way i wish you luck getting over all this and the short answer to your question is, yes and no, it can make it 100 times worse, and it could make it 100 times better, depends on the person