Possibly Nutrient Deficiency?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by saveethescene, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Hey all! Newb here on my first grow. I've been browsing this forum among others for a while now and it's helped me out a lot so a big thanks to everyone on here this far! :wave:

Anyways, I'm on day 36 of my veg. stage and was getting ready to begin flowering when I noticed a couple leaves showing signs of what I believe is a nutrient deficiency (I think is magnesium but not sure).

I really wanted a more experienced opinion from someone on here other then my own, so I hope you guys can guide me in the right direction. :)

What type of medium; soil or hydro? Soil
    What brand and type of soil? MircleGro Organic Choice Potting Soil
    Indoors or outdoors? Indoors
    What strain? Unknown
    How old are the plants? 36 days
    What type of lights and how many watts? CFL 6,000K 14-WATT x4
    How far from the lights? 2 inches
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? Once every few days, sink, distilled for 48 hours
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? Feed a light nutrient mix with every watering of 24/8/16
    What are the temps and humidity in the room? 70 degrees, not sure of the humidity
    What size pots? 2.5GAL
    Any bugs? None that I can see
    Any other pertinent info? I haven't pH'd the soil yet which I probably should do, but I did pH the water today and it came up as 7.0. I'll also add that this appears to only be on one plant and I have three of them currently growing at the moment. It only showed up about 2 days ago.

I know MiracleGro is definitely not ideal for growing by any means, but before I went out and bough some of the really good stuff I wanted to see if I was even capable of growing anything at all, haha :) Now I'm getting really into it!

Heard something about 1/2 teaspoon of epsom salt dissolved into a gallon of water and treating them with that to help with the magnesium deficiency, should I try that?

Anyways, any help would be appreciated. I'll include photos.

thanks! :D

Attached Files: