Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Possibly contaminated dryer sheet bud?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by lk250f, Apr 4, 2011.

1. So. The drawer that I keep my bud in has a few dryer sheets stuffed in it so my clothes that's in there won't smell. Well I dropped a few pieces of ground up bud in there and picked them out and put it in my stash again. It was literally a few pieces not even enough to fill up my small one hitter maybe a quarter of the way. I noticed on the bottom of the drawer there were little white specks I guess from the dryer sheets. well my first hit seemed harsh but others were easy. Then I was freaking out thinking that I'm gonna die from the weed and that it's contaminated from the dryer sheets. If I picked up any it all it would be a few specks since there was barely any in the drawer. Am I over thinking this. Should I not inhale the first hit in hopes that I'd burn off any dryer sheet stuff to be safe? Sorry typing this on my iPhone. Probably mistakes. Thanks tho!

2. imo pretty shure your safe, but i dont know what dryer sheets are made of?. sorry =)

3. Not sure on the exact chemicals but I know most are pretty nasty. I was reading that they're bad to use. I'm guessing they won't kill you in one time use but I guess the chemicals build up overtime.

4. Man, you gotta be pretty desperate to be smokin dryer sheets... :)

My opinion is that you are overthinking this, and there is not enough of it mixed with your weed to cause you any harm. I would however update your last will and testament just in case...:D

5. Hah thanks for the advice on the will.. But I think I'll take one small hit and not inhale to burn off the excess(if there is any) so I don't freak out. Thanks for the advice so far.

6. drier sheet kush bro....my suitemate last year kept 2 bags hidden in with his drier sheets we went to smoke it outta the bubbler and tasted the drier sheets so stoppped.

7. Don't worry bout' it, just make sure you don't do it again.

8. why do so many newb smokers (no offense) always think they are gonna die when they are experiencing an intense high? it makes me lol

9. Not once did I say I experienced an intense high during my post. I Said the first hit felt a bit harsh then I realized that it may have been contaminated. I don't think I'm really a "newb". Thanks for the advice though, it was helpful!:cool:

10. I'm NOT a newb. Been smoking everyday for 6 years.

However I have also thought that before. What happens is that in an area like where I live you get used to the same old mediocre bud THEN one day some headies come around. You buy them, pack a bowl, smoke and then realize this bud is ALOT stronger than the norm (good thing).

It can take you off guard and having you thinking the shit is laced lol.

11. i didnt mean for that to come off so harsh it just seemed like a beginner question. i mean its bud its not gonna kill you. if you checked your bud before you put it in your bowl you should at least be confident its straight. and its sooo unlikely to get laced shit. it doesnt make sense for the distributor and it would probably cost more.

12. To be honest, I can't really see dryer sheets leaving white specks. (Btw everyone I gotta be OCD about this one, but its dryer, not drier, sorry.) Anyway... Look at what else you have in the drawer, I would think maybe sock fuzzies? Little bits of paper from something? Deoderant?

Whatever it is though, I can say that in the small amounts your post talked about nothings gonna hurt you. I'm preeeeeeety sure that placing a miniscule fleck of a dryer sheet on top of your weed will not drop you dead in the next 15 minutes.

13. #13 blkarmphoenix, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Did you even read the thread?

14. Yes, but in the moment of a paranoid hissy, you don't think about that lmfao :D

15. yes....? i was replying to both lk and smokeybrain

16. I was asking about if I contaminated my weed possibly. I been smoking for a few years only a year almost daily though. I wish I could get super intense highs anymore. It kind of mellowed out due to tolerance

17. do you own a bong?