Possible to develop insomnia or are you born with it?

Discussion in 'General' started by Soap, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Hello GC,
    So lately iv been having an extremely hard time sleeping, iv got maybe 10 hours of sleep since Saturday, I am 20 and just wondering if insomnia can develop over time or is it something you're born with?
    I dont know what else it could be, the lack of smoking has never stopped me from sleeping in the past, and last night I had a few beers and about a gram of dank before I went to sleep. Ended up passing out around 12 and woke up at 3:30, unable to get back to sleep.

In the past I could fall asleep within minutes regardless of if I am high or not, whats wrong with me??

2. Thanks ipack, I forgot about those medical websites. Hopefully this is just 'acute insomnia'. Luckily I have had this whole week off so its not really effecting me, just more time to smoke weed:D
    I am just worried for when I start my new job on Monday.

3. getting settled into a routine may help you as well once you start work :) good luck bro

4. i wasn't aware you could be born with it... just thought it was developed...

5. My bad, I guess I was thinking it could run in your genes or something.

6. i wasn't doggin' you... it was a question in the form of a statement...a state-tion if you will

7. Haha nice:hello:

8. :) do me a favor, don't post for like....10 seconds... i've almost got the top half of the board whored..and will be taking a screenshot

9. It took me a second to realize what you were talking about, try going for the whole board:eek:

10. impossible... people are waking up... i should have done it 3-630 when i was thinking to myself "go to bed, this activity is useless"... but i kept playing San Andreas anyway