Possible to clone big part of mother plant?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Euroth, Mar 15, 2012.

1. I Have a mother plant I was wondering if I could take (see pic 1-2) this upper part of the main stock and root it. I'm just worried this may be a bit too big of clone attempt. Has anyone ever cloned a big part of their plant or have any tips?

Attached Files:

2. in the second pic, u plan on cloning the part ur holding in ur hand? if so i think ur good to go

in the first pic, looks like ur taking too much...

3. wut happened to the tips of the leaves? (yellowing?)

im gonna guess light burn

4. Yeah I was testing a new cfl and it got to hot and was too close. I'm talking about cutting it at the white string. Trying to think of a way of trimming down this plant to let it grow back more fuller so I can take more clones from her. I'm gonna read that link right now. Thanks

5. I in fact use a bubbler for cloning ( pic included water has both root stimulate and other pics In it. The iron tabs for aquarium plants makes the roots more thicker) I'm just not sure if that big of A clone would make it.

Attached Files:

6. Ignore the stretched ass plant in background lol

7. [quote name='"Euroth"']Ignore the stretched ass plant in background lol[/quote]

From first hand exp...I've taken clones from the main stem and side branches - the thicker it is the longer it takes to root - but from that plant I'd say sure looks fine.

Of course preferable I've always found clones taken from the bottom third of the plant do best.

Lol and that plant is stretchtastic

8. [quote name='"Picks"']

From first hand exp...I've taken clones from the main stem and side branches - the thicker it is the longer it takes to root - but from that plant I'd say sure looks fine.

Of course preferable I've always found clones taken from the bottom third of the plant do best.

Lol and that plant is stretchtastic[/quote]

Lol we don't talk about that plant.

I think because it's such a thick stock that it may die off before rooting well enough

9. It doesn't look that think from the pic

10. Always possible, but I root with. Sprayer not with a bubbler. I don't even remember the last time I had a clone die on me.