Possible Root Rot?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by sumz, Aug 20, 2010.

1. #1 sumz, Aug 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2010
    Hello,
    I have a DWC hydro setup its 8ft by 4 feet and 10 inches high i just started this and i put some clones in a few days ago and the roots have been turning brown and mushy i have a air pump and 4, 3 foot air stones in the water, the PH is 5.8 the temp is right around 76 F with the PPM at 760. i also have a bit of algae growth that i am about to scrub out its not terrible yet but im gona kill it early is there anything wrong with what i have that i should fix when i finish cleaning out the algae?

the nutrients i have been using are the Vega, the Rhizotonic and the Cannazym from this link Aqua | CANNA Gardening USA

2. Please post pics, it'll make it easier for us to help you.

First thing that comes to mind is the water temp is too high. Need to get the temp down to 65-70. IMO, that'll make a big difference in how the roots are.

If it is root rot, there'll be a horrible stench. You can use hygrozyme or H2O2, that'll help get things back on track (unless the rot has gone too far).

Some growers will trim the rotted roots away, and clean their set up.

Discoloration of roots can be from nutrients, too. So unless they're slimey, and smell terrible, I wouldn't be too concerned about slight discoloration once you get the water temp down.

Algae - need to light proof the set up, otherwise you'll be dealing with algae all the time.

Good luck! :smoke: