Possible Root Rot?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by sunndropper, Jul 22, 2010.

1. I added hydrogen peroxide to kill algae. Then light-proofed my reservoir so algae would stop growing, and added fresh water and nutes and Roots Excelurator by House & Garden. Now my roots have a redish color on the tips. Did the Hydrogen Peroxide do this to my roots by killing beneficial bacteria, causing beginnings of root rot, and now am I going to have to keep adding Hydrogen Peroxide? Or maybe the redish root tips are just a stain from the Roots Excelurator?

2. I dont think u have anything to worry about dude.

Roots stain quite easily, its not a bad thing, thats just the way it is. Certain feeds and products will do this. U should, in fact have pretty healthy roots now, as H202 is used to prevent root rot !!!

Freak
    :smoking:

3. Dear FreakBro1,
    Thanks for the message. I checked out your tutorial on pests. It is very great. I am not sure, but am guessing that AzaMax is a good insecticide. Being a Biologist grower, you probably already know about this product. Thanks again for telling me to not worry about root rot. I was tripping out, thinking spores were getting all over my grow equipment and space. I will keep an eye on the roots just incase though.
    Sincerely,
    sunndropper

4. Hey SD.

Thanx for the kind words man.
    AzaMax is a great product. I hope u never have to use it.

Please let us know how thingz turn out.

Freak
    :smoking: