possible problem-need advice

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Heavy Metal 1, Nov 15, 2009.

1. Nearing harvest time for my medical grow & have what may or may not be a problem: I have an autoflower grow and not only are the fan leaves yellowing & dropping, but even the little single leaves that stick out among the buds. They are curling up and drying, but the bud's trichomes are not yet amber. They are cloudy with only an occaisional amber trich. Do I wait somemore (I have pain so I think I need to go w/ the "couchlock" buzz -amber trichs), but I don't want to wait too long and have my buds dry up on the vine so to speak. From what I have seen on the boards here my plants have used up the available nitrogen hence the yellowing fan leaves. The drying and curling bud leaves has me concerned.

Sorry, no pix. I just don't know what to do at this point. If I continue to wait will my buds dry up on the plant and screw up my harvest?

2. what kind of nutes are you using, what is your soil ph, what is the ph of your watter. as the plant life cycle comes to an end it is important to to prune any dying solar panel[ fan leaves ] so they dont slow the finishing prosess. dont have any exp. w/ autoflowering strains, i have 30 paitents under the montana medical cannabis law ,26 are pain paitents they use G13 , cheese , sour deisil , for all of there pain management needs. good luck.:smoking:

3. It sounds like you are merely seeing the end stages of development, most auto flower strains will do their thing on schedule. Most of these types of plants will look a little bit stressed at harvest time. Without pics, I can't get any more specific.

If you see some amber in the trichs, then you can harvest at any moment, really, so don't fear losing the buds. So don't wait too long, and don't be afraid to harvest too early, this sounds like your first grow, and the experience will teach you much about what to look for next time.

If you've gotten it this far, the hardest part is over, waiting for trichs to turn is putting the icing on the cake, you'll be done soon. Enjoy.

4. Ok then, I guess I need not stress. I got 6 ladies expressing 2 different phenotypes. There are 2 that have thick, perfect, greenish-blue, elongated pine cone type buds & their leaves are dense green and vibrant. The other 4 have the leaf stress like I mentioned. Their buds are more like human thumb size. I know it's soon, thanks man.