Possible pH burn? Please help!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by BlueBuddha11, May 11, 2011.

1. What type of medium: Soil
    What brand and type of soil: Miracle Grow Potting Soil
    Indoors or outdoors: Indoors
    What strain: Purple Haze
    How old are the plants: 16 days
    What type of lights and how many watts: Per plant: One 100 Watt OttLite; 1 Red 60 Watt CFL Bulb and one Blue 60 Watt CFL Bulb.
    How far from the lights: Approximately 3 - 4 inches
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? Brita Filtered Water once every 3 days
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK: No nutrients added to date
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?
    What are the temps and humidity in the room: Approximately 70 - 76 degrees
    What size pots? 5 Gallon Bucket
    Any bugs? Look real close: None
    Any other pertinent info: The plants recently were moved from a closet to the inside of a hollowed out dresser for better cover.

This is the first problems I have had with either one of the plants thus far. The problems only seem to be apparent on the left plant. Just the yellow'ish splotch on one of the leaves and a bit of the same on the very tip of another directly next to the splotched leaf. They are both lower leaves. Also, I have noticed that the leaf stems of the left plant are a brown color whereas the leaf stems on the right are a healthy green. Why is this? Thank you so much for the help!

Attached Files:

2. Hi.

What is the Ph ???
    Also, please tell us what type of MG soil u are using.

Freak
    :smoke:

3. The pH is around 6.0, I don't have an extremely accurate pH measure. It just says on the front Miracle Grow Potting Mix? I'm not sure

4. Does it say timed-release nutrients anywhere on the bag ???
    Does it give u a NPK ratio anywhere ???

Freak

5. It says continuous release for up to 6 months and the NPK is 21 - 7 - 14.

6. Yep thats your prob time released ferts are terrible for weed Miracle Grow also says "feeds 6months"

7. If I was to transplant them into some new Fox Farm fertilizer do you think that it would shock them too bad?

8. No. And infact, I highly recommend it.

Freak

9. Alright, where can I buy Fox Farm at? I went to a local nursery today and they didn't have any. Is there any particular type of Fox Farm that you would recommend?

10. Ocean Forest is good but
    Happy Frog is better IMO.

Freak