Possible mold ?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by Goosey, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Hey GC, I have about 70g that was harvested just before Xmas. I let them hang for 4 days and then they were jarred and given to a friend to burp daily while I was away. They were still moist when jarred, and after 2 weeks they were still slightly moist, but no sign of mold. A few days ago 1 jar started showing a bit of mold on a really dense nug (white spiderweb looking mold), but all the other jars look fine. I've been sick for about 5 days with cold symptoms and I'm wondering if the weed I've been smoking ( not the moldy jar) might also have mold but I can't see it? I just don't want to toss 70g of perfectly fine looking bud, but in case I am sick because of moldy weed I don't want to risk it. Really need some help on this one.

2. make some hash. QWISO or BHO

3. Will QWISO be safe? I'd like to do something with the defective jar. As for the rest, the 50g or so, should I just leave it? I looked all through it and can't find any sign of mold whatsoever. But I know the curing process was weak. It seems to be dried out now.

4. dont be afraid to dump em out and let em dry up for a day. and the iso will kill mold then when you filter you will be good.

5. I've got all the good looking weed in an empty cereal box right now, it's working very well. I'm still afraid to smoke it though.

6. The bud shuld b ok if u break a nug open n thers isnt any webs near the stem n it doesnt hav a musty smell ul b ok but if ur too worried n still not sure likethes guys said mak isohash or qsohash the bud will b no good after but ul extract wat thc is there