Possible causes of bad trips

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by SarahShikari, Dec 4, 2011.

1. So yesterday afternoon, my boyfriend came over and we decided to smoke some weed. I smoked once before, he never smoked at all. So, we shared a joint and smoked out of a toilet paper roll steamroller. I know we didn't smoke very much, but I know I did more than him. If I had to guess, I'd imagine it was about half a gram, and that might be pushing it.

The thing is, he started to feel weird so he sat down on the couch, then after about 5 minutes he started begging me to stop, so I did. Turns out he was freaking out and wanted me to stop before I started doing the same.

As soon as I started walking over to him, my heart started racing and it felt like my body was vibrating. I thought I was going to die and I got paranoid that I was having a heart attack, so I started crying hysterically and apparently I was begging him to make it stop. Once he finally got me to calm down, I couldn't concentrate on anything or form coherent sentences. It seemed as though everything was moving in slow motion and I felt like I was watching everything happen from outside my body, like I didn't have control.

I went to the bathroom at one point and after I washed my hands, I just stared at myself in the mirror. I thought it was only for about 10 seconds, but it turned out to be around five minutes.

Later on, he wound up throwing up for ten minutes and afterwards, we got really tired and tried to sleep. I think our weed was laced, but I'm not completely sure. The weed didn't crackle when I lit it, so there wasn't crack in it, and there wasn't any white powder, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't coke. I think if it was even laced, it would've been sprayed with PCP.

The first time I smoked, it was about the same amount and I felt very relaxed and a little giggly. But this time, it was the complete opposite. When I was smoking it, the weed tasted kind of off, but I just figured it was a different strain.
    Anyway, can anyone tell me what could've happened?

2. You got high as a mother fuckin kite!

Smoke less next time. Tolerance is really low right now and can't handle it.

3. :laughing:

Sounds like you guys smoked too much. Next time just take a couple puffs and chill :smoking:

4. The only thing I don't get though, is that I smoked the same amount the time before that and I was so happy. But this time I literally thought I was dying. I don't think I smoked too much, but maybe you're right. We're just really, really scared to try it again. He knows he doesn't want to, but I'm not sure yet.

5. The first time I smoked weed I hardly felt anything, which is normal some people don't get high until the 2nd or 3rd time. My guess is you got some very potent bud and you guys weren't quite ready for it. Don't sweat it though, whether or not you smoke again is no big deal. :smoke:

6. Give it another try, just a bowl pack maybe.

7. I wouldn't mind it, but I have an anxiety disorder and I hear that can fuck with you a lot, which I think is what kind of happened yesterday.

8. Did you both get naked, run in the streets screaming bloody murder, and challenge all nay-sayers to a deathmatch?

9. That's a typical Friday night for me. Don't knock it 'til you try it.

10. Since you weren't ready for it could be a big factor. Probably set something off and went into panic mode.

11. That reminds me of when I took a bong hit for the first time. Never again.

12. Weed can cause bad trips? Dam unmentionables must be hell :p.

That's just a panic attack hun

13. Smoking a little amount should be calming, smoking too much can be very nerve-racking. I'm assuming you have a generalized anxiety disorder, weed should reduce symptoms temporarily making you feel great. :smoke:

14. Haha this reminds me of one of my first highs , but i didnt think i was gnna die i just though i was trippin out.

15. Happens to me like once a month at this point in my life since I never go out got terrible anexity. Luckily I have medicine for that.

16. Yeah, I've got Borderline Personality Disorder, plus I'm just a really paranoid person in general. Once my heart started racing, I immediately thought I was having a heart attack and just started crying hysterically. When my boyfriend was puking, I was watching him thinking he was dying, too, which definitely didn't help. I just felt so out of it and I generally hated the feeling of not being able to concentrate or get a sense of time and reality.

The first time I did it, I was totally fine. I absolutely LOVED it, in fact. But I don't know if I'd be willing to try it again after this.

17. [quote name='"Apu"']

Happens to me like once a month at this point in my life since I never go out got terrible anexity. Luckily I have medicine for that.[/quote]

What kind of med? If its possible to say in the forums.

18. Haha yeah, I think I was just having a panic attack and assumed I was dying. I'd never experienced anything as bad as that, so I always assume the worst.

19. #19 Apu, Dec 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2011
    I am sorry I can't discuss them on this forum. But for the record panic attacks make you assume the worst your no weirdo. I am far to scared of needles to ever call an ambulance but when I had my first true panic attack(At the age of 19) I actually called my mother to come and take care of me because the same as you I thought it was a heart attack or maybe a stroke....Sad but true.

20. Yeah, I know what you mean. I remember one more detail. After I had calmed down, we laid down on the couch and got really sleepy. Before we got high we'd been watching this TV show called A Haunting. I've always found it interesting and it's never scared me. But when I was high, I took one look at the screen when two little ghost girls were there and I started freaking out so much. I didn't remember this part, but my boyfriend told me I started whimpering and burying my face in his shoulder and scratching myself and covering my ears. So that's kind of weird.. I've never had a reaction to paranormal TV shows like that.