Possible alcohol poisoning?

Discussion in 'General' started by ChiefBuddha, Mar 24, 2013.

1. So I just got a call, some of my friends went to my friends beach house tonight to party. It's about 2 hours away from me. Anyways I got a call that one of my good friends was throwing up all over herself and shaking uncontrollably. I'm obviously concerned but i've also seen just really drunk people be like that before. Anyways. Some people suggested me coming there and getting her. What do you guys think? I know those are pretty vague symptoms but do you think she should just wait it out or I should go get her and take her to a hospital?

2. Go get her she will pay ya back ;)

3. If its serious then take her to the hospital. Her life is worth more than a good time.

Ps. Im drunk.

4. Haha she's one of my lifelong friends since elementary school. We're not like that. We're both happily friend zoned.

5. Well by the time you get your answer and make the two hour drive to get her it'll probably be too late or she'll be sober.

So I'd sit tight.

6. Yeah I agree. I just am not sure if my drunk friends are overplaying it and she's really just throwing up cause we've all done that or it's serious. I guess i'll just wait a bit to see if she starts getting better then decided.

Ps. I'm jealous

7. Go buy a bottle

8. Yeah that's what i'm thinking too. It's a long ways, 4 hours round trip so you're right by then she'll probably either be passed out or it'll be too late. Hopefully she'll be okay, I just got an update that she's now responding to people and able to communicate so it seems she's getting better so i'll probably stay unless something gets serious all of a sudden.

9. [quote name='"ChiefBuddha"']

Yeah that's what i'm thinking too. It's a long ways, 4 hours round trip so you're right by then she'll probably either be passed out or it'll be too late. Hopefully she'll be okay, I just got an update that she's now responding to people and able to communicate so it seems she's getting better so i'll probably stay unless something gets serious all of a sudden.[/quote]

They must be pretty drunk to call you up and want you to make a two hour trip rather than just calling 911 if its that serious. Lol

Hopefully they know how to take care of her, that'd probably be good info to pass on and the best thong you could do to help.

10. When I was in high school, I had to take one of my friends girlfriends to the hospital because she was doing about the same thing. She was unconscious, unresponsive, drooling, puking, and shaking. She probably would have been alright, but they stuck an IV in her and got her fluid level back up.

I don't know man. It's hard to tell how bad someone is over the phone.

11. Yeah exactly, that's the exact same symptoms she has. I asked them if she ate before and they said no which is the obvious reason why this is happening. Cause she can drink a lot for a girl and be fine so for this to happen to her is unusual.

But, they did say she is responsive now and not throwing up so hopefully this means she's getting better. I just don't want something bad to happen and feel guilty that I didn't go get her before it was too late.

12. If she's responsive now and not throwing up, she's almost definitely okay. If she did have alcohol poisoning, you would've been too far away to really help anyway. I'm glad it seems like she's okay.