Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Possession

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by athensman, Mar 29, 2011.

1. So for alcohol (in GA at least), simply the smell on your breath is enough to arrest you on the spot, if you are a minor. Minor meaning under 21, not under 18. I am a sophomore in college, and 20. I got in trouble with the university for coming home to the dorms last year smelling of alcohol. They said they knew the alcohol was in my blood stream and stomach so I was in possession of it.

Why is protocol different for weed? I know multiple people that have gotten stopped wreaking of bud, but nothing happened, because they didn't have any on them.

Just wondering if anyone knew why this was different.

2. Alot of cops over here don't care that much. Too many people do it. You can get arrested for public intoxication though.

3. its because weed is better then alcohol .

4. Theres no 'Breathalyzer' for weed like there is for alcohol. When they smell it on you that just gives them probable cause to search you.

Fuck cops.

5. But but but, you are from athens no?

6. Yes. Athens, Georgia.

7. You get in trouble for alcohol? ;O

8. Lolwut? That's stupid.

9. I don't really get either of your responses...

I'll assume youre high:smoke:

10. So your in possession of it because it's in your bloodstream or in your body?

If that's the case, everyone on the planet should be arrested because we all have DMT naturally in our brains.

11. and endorphines (indigenous morphine)

and crack, meth, work by triggering your dopamine seratonin reupkake.....

yeah it's all SO STUPID, the war on drugs that is

12. Yeah. In the state of georgia at least. All they need is the smell of alcohol on your breath if you are a minor and they can arrest you. But anyone can smell like pot and as long as they aren't carrying they are good.

I mean I am glad and all for sure. I just thought it was a kinda weird caveat.