Possession of marijuana help

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by sdcharger, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Got pulled over for speeding and they found a couple grams on me .. Got cited for possession on me and also for possession in vehicle ... What can I do to prevent this from staying only record forever ?? I previously had a card but it expired ... Got caught in San Diego California if that helps .. First time they changed charges into disturbing the peace ... What will it be this time ???

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. how did they find the marijuana on you?

3. give us the story yo

4. #4 Marijuana Malice, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2013
    [quote name="sdcharger" post="18826869" timestamp="1381754274"]Got pulled over for speeding and they found a couple grams on me .. Got cited for possession on me and also for possession in vehicle ... What can I do to prevent this from staying only record forever ?? I previously had a card but it expired ... Got caught in San Diego California if that helps .. First time they changed charges into disturbing the peace ... What will it be this time ???Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum[/quote]A couple of grams in Cali? it's either getting dropped and the worst your gonna get is probation plea guilty trust me the judge will appreciate it and go easier on youSent from my Prism using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Well I was speeding and he said he could smell it when at my car and asked me where it was at ... In my experience it is best to be honest with them so I straight up told him I had just a little bit ... Thoght he was be cool but wrote me up .. Wanted to give me a DUI but said he would just give me possession instead .

6. I was caught once before an they lowered it to disturbing the peace ... So itolsthe offocer to has happened to me before even thought it should show up as disturbing the peace right ? Thas why I think he went harsher because I has told him it wasn't my first time so I think he went harsher .. But will judge be able to tell it was my second time or not ? And what will they do I really need my record clean to future jobs ... Is there a class I can take to make the judge dismiss it

7. I've posted this in another topic, so I'll just copy and paste it as re-itteration.. save my fingers a little work.

To put emphasis on every bit of advice I'm about to roll out in front of you i will be typing in large letters..
    \nEven if you have nothing to hide, never agree to a police search, no matter how nice the officer is addressing you or how innocent his/her intentions may seem.
    It is your constitutional right to disagree to a police search. 4th Amendment states that police need probable cause or a warrant to search you or your belongings. Unless they have probable cause or a warrant to search you, the only way they will is if you say "Fine, go ahead search it" giving consent.
    No reason to let the officer obtain evidence against you to get you in trouble, they aren't trying to help you find your car keys lol.
    So giving them permission to search makes no sense at all.. They are investigators and their job is to gather evidence and arrest criminals. Their only goal is to put you in jail for a crime.
    \nRefusing a police search protects you in court. It's very important that you make it clear to the officer that you are not agreeing to the search.. as long as you consistently say tno to the search - even if the officer does search anyway, even if he finds some weed, even if its an illegal non medical bag.
    You saying no to the search doesn't count as legal grounds to suspect you of a crime. you can definitely be safe in court alot of the time by asserting your constitutional right. Saying no is critical to establishing your legal standing to challenging the officers establishment of evidence.
    \nSaying "no" can prevent a search all together. If you show them that you know your rights and then they know that they will have to fight tooth and nail with you to get your permission, they will often just give up and send you on your way.
    \nIf you agree to a police search it can waste your time and damage your property. When you agree to a police search, your agreeing to sit there and let a stranger paw through your belongings and potentially damage them, and potentially for a very long time. A police search on the side of the highway can take upwards of 20 minutes. Your responsible for the damage the pigs, I mean officers cause because you agreed to let them search. Why would you want these horrible things to happen to you?
    \nNever agree to a police search.

8. Thanks for your clarification on whether or not I should have allowed the search ... I know I fucked up there .... Shouldn't have let him ... But I did and I got cited for possession ... Now ok the future I know not to agree to searches but since I'm dealing with this issue right now I was wondering what I can so to take it off my record ? Or to make sure the judge drops it ?? What will happen ? I'm worried about background checks for future jobs

9. Wait, I thought in cali it was just a fine/equivalent of a parking ticket?

10. Yeah its cali in 2 years its off your records permanently if possible with probation even one year but
    For sure 2 years with no probation

For my birthday buy me a politician