Positivity Thread

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by iddypiddy, Jan 8, 2017.

1. We're in the same boat.

My Libra side is just bugging me so much and can't keep on doing something which I have no explanation or reason for.
    Yeah, sure they reproduce so do we but again there's no way that we can call it "the goal". I agree that we're in a ever-evolving cycle and who knows what we'll be after this life.(some say compost, some say a higher being, some say the same crap somewhere else depends on Karma bla bla)
    Unfortunately I'm very familiar with this one and it's probably one of my biggest problems for a long time.

2. #22 Headhunterpipes, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    Hi
    Pics of purple heart wood
    purple heart furniture - Bing images
    the trim on the side boards are purple heart
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. That's sweet! You should check out my "crafting" thread and post some of your stuff there! So far I'm like the only person posting in it. I think one other person has lol.

4. We are getting a lot of rain in California so far this winter. We need it. It's a good thing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I got a bunch of workout gear today and some new accessories. Snuggled up to my sweet puppers while my husband is gone for a week. Lucky to have them.

6. what is the link, what is it you make ?
    Ps the clamp I made for clamping on the wood stem bowl section onto my pipes worked great .
    It allowed me to put on 54 pieces of wood at on time.

I would like to make matching pipes and a pool cue out of this wood .
    Top Notch Curly Koa Exotic Wood Knife Scales Gun Grips SCL3004 | eBay

7. #27 thezephyr, Jan 9, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    hey man this is random (but positive), I've been enjoying the work you've been posting. I used to build my own electric guitars when I was able. the nicest was a telecaster with a birdseye maple neck, and a body of figured pine from a 200 year old ceiling beam. anyway I can't do that work anymore but it's very cool seeing this stuff.

also quick question- what kind of metal did you say you used to line the inside of your wood pipes?

8. Anything! I mostly crochet, but I also paint, do miscellaneous recycling crafts, random stuff.

https://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?threads/Crafting-Thread!.1435056/

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  9. spread love, just spread it like a wildfire meeting an ocean oil spill.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Check out the song: positivity by gang starr

Trump appointed an anti-vaccine dude (yay?)
    Always remember: every little thing...is gunna be alright

On a positive note, I'm embarking on a move/trip to western Canada, uppity vibes welcome:)

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  11. Positivity? How can one be positive when all human phenomena is but the sum of densely coiled layers of illusion, each one winding itself on the supreme insanity: that there are any persons of any kind, when all there can be are mindless mirrors laughing and screaming as they parade around an endless nightmare? Open your eyes, people.

12. Today I was greatful for the rain. We got a significant deluge for about an hour and it semi-flooded my back yard. I did not complain. I viewed it as a gift and I am greatful for it. Without it, I perish.

13. I came to the same conclusion when I was hallucinating on an unmentionable. I thought it was the answer to life. I am greatful for the hallucination because it made me think twice about consuming the unmentionable.

14. "To see the world in a grain of sand, and to find a heaven in a wild flower, to hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and know eternity in an hour."

William Blake

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  15. "When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."

-- Lao Tzu

• Like Like x 2
  16. Love Lao. Eastern philosophers in general.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Brother/Sister, we are in full agreement. Taoism and Buddhism present the constructs that most define who I am, and who I want to be. Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I love Buddhism. Jainism is pretty cool too. What I love about Eastern religion/philosophy that I think Western lacks is how personal Eastern teachings are. It really is about focusing on self and improving self. Whereas I think Western teachings get caught up on focusing on others/improving others. And that's when the "shoving your religion down my throat" stuff starts.

But this is off topic now. Back to the positivity!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Positive. Meditate on positive observation @ your waking times... it is not so much what is observed but the observer.... don't get caught up but stay wise to the moment and take a bow to the world... In observation

20. Cool looking leaf you crochet , I have never really done anything as in arts and crafts.
    For me it was more like machine shop/ welding.
    I do a spiral leather boot lace wrap on pool cues , plus buffalo leather wrap , elephant ear wrap
    Snake skin wrap and a ring tail lizard wrap.

I also make kids toys out of exotic woods
    Irish linin
    [​IMG]
    Buffalo
    [​IMG]