Portland, Oregon gets a "cannabis cafe"

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by dirtybongwaterr, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Portland, OR is getting a cannabis cafe like what exists in Canada and other countries around the world... but it's only for medical marijuana patients :cry: Which sux because, for example, at the cafe in Vancouver BC, you only have to be 19 to walk in there, light a joint and chill.

But still, this is a great step forward and let's hope it only gets better from here, no?! :cool:

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2009/11/02/portland-gets-its-very-own-cannabis-cafe/

"It’s Oregon’s first cannabis café (a concept common elsewhere on the globe) and it will be run by Oregon NORML.
    It’s scheduled to open Friday, Nov. 13, naturally at 4:20pm.
    Sadly, only members both of the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program and NORML can partake in the experience (the café is legal under the guidelines of the Oregon Medical Marijuana Act), but maybe they’re accepting applications for servers. Snacks and items from sellers like Stoned Made will be available, along with a full range of pot to sample. The café will be a resource for the medical marijuana community, and Oregon NORML also hopes to provide seminars and classes there.
    Friday, Nov. 13, 4:20p.m. Rumpspankers, 700 NE Dekum St, Portland. For the Grand Opening, the entry fee will be $25, which covers the first month of membership and an all-day entry pass."

2. Times are a-changing

3. California should have really done this alloonngg time ago, but hey Medical Marijuana Cannabis Clubs EVERYWHERE so never mind.

4. Can't wait till I make it out to Portland, this is awesome news :smoking:

5. I'm sure more and more places like this are going to pop up in Portland. Esspecially without big brother watching over everyone's back. If getting a medical card is the only way to make it "decriminalized" I'll jump through those hoops to be safe!

6. I heard it was opening up on Dekum St in NE Portland. That works out perfect for me! :D