Portable Vape.

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by mrbreckles, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Im sure this has been answered many times before but Im using my phone on my lunch break to post this so apologies for that.

Right then; Im looking for a portable Vape, one that would fit in something along the size of a small backpack compartment. And as always id rather buy quality,so anything up to £175, maybe more if it warrants the extra. now i understand there's a trade off between quality vapor and how economical it is with your weed but.one that would be good on both counts would obviously be ideal.

thankyou in advance for any help :)

2. How stealthy do you need to be? The two ideal portables in my opinion are the MFLB or Arizer Solo.

The MFLB is incredibly small, making it the most portable and stealthy. It's also the cheaper option, but the vapor it produces, while it'll get the job done, won't be as potent or thick as some hits from a nicer desktop vape. It has quite the following though, particularly on this site.

The Arizer Solo is a bit bigger, about the size of a TV remote. It could easily fit inside a backpack or even an empty drink cup. It has the option for an adjustable temperature, and uses a stem to pack your hit. It will definitely be the harder hitting of the two, but won't be quite as "stealthy".

3. Stealth isn't an issue as i always make sure i'm not around anybody that isn't comfortable with weed or that could get me into trouble.
    Basically what i need is something i can take out with me (either in my bag or jacket) and take a nice hit when i need one.
    I've been gravitating toward the Arizer myself from doing a bit of reading around so i shall add you're advice to the tally :)

4. I'm not sure I understand your trade off between vapor quality and quantity used comment. Any vape is going to be more economical with your bud than anything else will be. Better vapor doesn't mean it is using more. Better is just that. It extracts the goodies better and delivers them in a heavier dose of vapor. You are willing to spend enough to get the Solo which is about as close to good desktop quality vapor as you are going to get from any portable. Size wise, the Solo is about 1 3/4 inches (4.4cm) in diameter and 4 1/2 inches (11.4 cm) high. It will easily fit into most any compartment. I've had mine in my shirt pocket before.

5. my wording was a bit poor in explaining that one but the point is moot now anyway haha.
    i think ill go with the Arizer but first a DB for at home :-D

6. [quote name='"mrbreckles"']my wording was a bit poor in explaining that one but the point is moot now anyway haha.
    i think ill go with the Arizer but first a DB for at home :-D[/quote]

Excellent choice! I want a similar setup, my SSV for home and an Arizer for on the go.

7. Well, i've gone and ordered my Buddha :) along with some flavoured papers as i don't think ill ever stop smoking completely. nothing like sitting down and enjoying a nice long J to myself; but i hope this Vape-ing business works out. I gave up cigarettes almost a year ago (had a few here and there when intoxicated :rolleyes: ) and i hope to reduce my smoke consumption further now i've got myself a Vape.
    Just a quick question regarding how much weed you save Vape-ing compared to smoking. The general idea im getting from reading around is that Vape-ing uses 1/2, maybe even 1/3 of what smoking does to get an equivalent or 'better' high. Is that the case?

Thankyou both repliers for your advice, enjoy your green :smoke:

8. [quote name='"mrbreckles"']

Well, i've gone and ordered my Buddha :) along with some flavoured papers as i don't think ill ever stop smoking completely. nothing like sitting down and enjoying a nice long J to myself; but i hope this Vape-ing business works out. I gave up cigarettes almost a year ago (had a few here and there when intoxicated :rolleyes: ) and i hope to reduce my smoke consumption further now i've got myself a Vape.
    Just a quick question regarding how much weed you save Vape-ing compared to smoking. The general idea im getting from reading around is that Vape-ing uses 1/2, maybe even 1/3 of what smoking does to get an equivalent or 'better' high. Is that the case?

Thankyou both repliers for your advice, enjoy your green :smoke:[/quote]

I find I use only slighly less than I used to, but I get wayyyyy higher each and every time. With smoking I felt like my tolerance was really high, and it was hard to get a real nice euphoric high. Not so with vaporizing, not even close.

9. See thats what i'm aiming for. If i used the same amount of bud as i do smoking it wouldn't bother me, but after 8 years of smoking J's my tolerance is obviously pretty up there. Be nice to feel a 'real' high again :D

10. hee hee! the vape will do that to you! ive gotten a lot of seasoned stoners to sit down and just take a second. kinda funny really.

ive had my extreme for 3+ years, just aquired my solo a few months back...havent smoked since i got a portable:smoke:

11. mflb. quick easy stealthy. i get stoned quick with the mflb so you can spend less time worrying about alll the other stuff with the vape

12. [quote name='"Greentrails"']hee hee! the vape will do that to you! ive gotten a lot of seasoned stoners to sit down and just take a second. kinda funny really.

ive had my extreme for 3+ years, just aquired my solo a few months back...havent smoked since i got a portable:smoke:[/quote]

It was one of those investments i kept putting off and just thought fuck it. better high, cleaner lungs, less money spent on bud and no smell or smoke in the house (Mrs is asthmatic)
    ill post a reply in here when it arrives and I've had a blast on it :-D

13. I had gotten the vapir no2 and I thought it did an amazing job and was very easy and nice to use. It's a nice size that you can put it in a big gulp cup and put the lid on and takes hits as if you were just taking a sip of your drink