Portable RO Water System

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by Weed Dude, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Hi All,

I have purchased a 6 stage RO system (Pure Club Club). I would like to make this portable instead of mounting it under the sink. Has anyone have any suggestions or have done this something similar.

Thanks,

Weed

2. You could add some sealing connectors although the connectors supplied are pretty good, but they don't seal.

I guess you don't want to haul around jugs of water.................

3. I know this is old but since im doing it someone else might want the plan...

I am going to do this. Just put a faucet adapter kit on your nearest sink faucet, attach the connecting part of the adapter kit to whatever size line goes in to the RO system and a plastic ball valve on the line out. Mount the RO unit in a metal or plastic tool box (except the tank). I'm putting mine in a road emergency kit box because the Whirlpool set up fits perfectly. Put a quick connect coming out of the box for the storage tank...use one or 2 of those thick plastic 5 gal gas cans or bigger (if needed)racing fuel cell that wont burst under pressure and new of course, as there all so slow and you don't want to babysit. The lids on those racing gas cans will hold pressure and have a hose connection already attached to the cap as well as a bleeder hole on the side of the can you just plug it with a stainless screw and rubber washers. After full, you can unscrew the top and pour out quickly through it's wide neck instead of waiting for that 1/4 inch line to drain. You'll need to plug the overflow line on the ro unit. no need for it if you put the unit in the sink if you leave, just in case it overflows while your gone.

Does this make sense? here's a sketch...

Attached Files:

4. 203,

Thanks for the input. This system already has a pressurized storage tank. The hoses appear to be 1/4". What I need clarification on is the waste drain line. It says something about back pressure needed... Where would I get a faucet adapter?

5. I bought mine at Home depot. the drain line (back pressure) is the one i will have plugged, when your filling the tank it needs to breath (unplug) to displace air for water, thats why your putting it by the sink. This is when the fill valve is open to the tanks. You probably have the 1/4 inch line with compression fillings, those are at home depot too, you'll need a few more

6. Thank You ! I will have head to HD... I know that when you run the system it has to dump the "waste water" So you put a plug on this line when not in use? Then open it up when you run the system? This system uses those push lock connectors but I know 1/4 compressions will fit.

7. You should do a google on "TDS Creep"
    This high output filters can cause you some problems if they idle at all.
    You should make sure there is an "auto shut-off" and you should spring for a Permeate Pump like
    REVERSE OSMOSIS PERMEATE PUMP

These are kinda expensive puppies - you can find them cheaper if you poke around.

8. This unit does have a auto shutoff. Thank You for the info on TDS creep. and the permeate pump.

9. just another heads up i found on another board.

Chloramine will eat the F out of your filters.
    not sure if it is related to you but i think ALL RO users should know this.

they sell pre-filters to remove the chloramine.
    which will actually recombine after being RO'd ... check it.

10. Never heard of it !! I will have to check it out. This unit has 3 prefilters before the RO membrane. then 2 post filters.

11. You got me reading up on this and now I don't want to drink my RO water lol. Guess I should look up what type of membrane the system uses as well as charcoal. Info I read is from this link... http://www.trisep.com/elements/Tech Support/chloramine.pdf Free chlorine or hypochlorite is not rejected by RO membranes. Monochloramine will be
    rejected in the 50-70% range.

12. Well that is interesting.. I wonder if the tap water has enough chlorine in it to prevent that problem?