Portable air con unit

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Happygreenplace, Jun 3, 2021.

1. I am having heat problems in a 2m2 tent i have a 12” fan exhausting out of a window and a 6” fan bringing air in from another window i have the lights on at night time and the temps are still hitting 30 degrees with 1 400watt light and i plan on having 4 600watt lights in the next week so i imagine the temperature is going to be unmanagable i am looking at portable air con units does anyone have any experience with these and have any idea of what size air con would be best

2. Do you not have a inline fan? Or is that your "exhaust fan" Is it cold where you are, right now in new mexico bringing in outside air would defeat the purpose. Tbh that's way more wattage than you need, it would help your heat issue if you used around 45 to 50 watts a sqft instead of 66

3. I have a 12 “rvk blowing hot air out of a window and a 6”rvk bringing outside air in i am in the uk outside temps are around 24 celcius at the minute
    if i did do 50 watts per square foot that would still mean i have to have just over 2000 watts or 3 600s and a 400 is what i could do but i think the temp would still be too high as i only have 1 400 in there at the minute i am going to buy a 8000 btu air conditioner today do you think this will help alot?

4. I just move fresh air and a lot of it. I'm in hydro so my chiller keeps the roots at 67 degrees, and I don't care so much about the air temp inside the tent. Sometimes it will hit the high 90's, but if you think about it, MJ is a weed that grows in the tropics as well as mountainous areas. As long as the roots stay cool they will grow

5. 2000 watts in a 6x6 is a little over 55watts a sqft, pulling in air at 75 degree's when your ideal tent temp is 78 probably doesn't help much just throwing hot air around. Do you have a ground level flap open? Those pulls air in from the floor I would imagine if you're growing indoors with ac the floor temp would be cooler than outside. A fan at that ground flap pulling air in would help. I've used duct from my vent to my tent so when the ac cuts on it runs to the tent. Never used a portable ac unit I have but it flipped my breaker so I came up with other solutions. What brand lights are you using? May be apart of the heat problem. 1500 watts is 41.6 watts a sqft in a 6x6 that would be efficient. Not trying to persuade you but if your having heat issues adding more heat may not be ideal. 2mx2m does convert to a 6ftx6ft if I'm not mistaken.