Poppys + MJ

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Mortikai, Sep 7, 2007.

1. So I was wondering if its possible to cross-polinate a weed seed and poppy seed?

anyone ever tried it?

2. No, they're different species.

You can cross-pollinate different varieties of the same species, such as orchids, and come up with completely new combinations, but MJ is MJ and the only thing you can pollinate it with is other MJ.

3. Thai stick is supposed to be MJ bud dipped in opium (which comes from a poppy).

4. thai stick is usually just dipped in hash oil.

5. I guess it depends on who you talk to.

6. if thai is an up high, it wasnt dipped in opium, opium is heavy a little less than hash, you cant dip into it. if u watered it down or something the opium high would out way the weed high and if its good opium you woud do some pukin :eek:

7. Do you have any idea what form opium is in before it is opium?
    It oozes out of cuts on the plant as a thin substance. After a day of sitting in the sun, it turns to a black tar like stuff. Poppy farmers go through the fields in the mornings cutting the plants and/or buds on the plants and a milky substance oozes out. In the afternoon they harvest the black goo from the cuts after having dried in the sun all day. Originally Thai stick was dipped in opium. Nothing could be dipped into hash either in it's final state.

Recent terminology refers to Thai stick as being dipped in hash oil but old time stuff was originally dipped in opium.

You don't have to believe me, do an ounce of research for yourself. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_stick

8. Although opium milk dried is very viscus and dipping is nearly impossible old Buda thai stick was dipped in a deluted more liquid opium which is what it is before they reduce it to the thick substance it is.

To clearify what i know(and i have grown them too) the opium is collected as stated above then it can be further concentrated or made more potent by adding water straining and reducing further IIRC,in the thin state is where i presume the buds are dipped for their narcodic effect.(Which in the 70s and 80s was the shit man i will tell you).:D