poppies

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by joe_guy, Jul 7, 2009.

1. so today when i was getting my mail i noticed there was so poppies in my moms garden, i thought to myself "there not opium poppies, but i can still try to harvest them..." so i take a razor to 4 of them, (there must have been like 15 so i decided cutting 4 of them couldn't hurt) any ways has any one harvested the sap from a none opium like poppie plant? any effects? worth it at all? tips?

please nothing useless

funny shits ok though

2. the only poppy plant that produces any alkaloids is papaver somniferum. and unless you can identify them i wouldnt recommend smoking the latex. just go to any whole foods and you can get a pack of papaver somniferum seeds for like $2.75, plant them next to her poppies or somewhere.

if you do a guerilla grow please be careful and do not lacerate them until they are absolutely ready to harvest and nobody is around the area. otherwise you can just harvest the pods and extract the opium with a cooking technique. ill post a link to a forum on how to do that. its easy to grow and way worth it in the end.

http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38937

3. haha thx thats some good advice id rep you, but my reps are meaningless. so thank you much. im planing on a gurilla grow next summer lay the poppies out this fall and returning the following summer. thx

4. #4 TacoTurd, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2009
    you could just lay em out this summer and harvest probably by november or so, but you will have much less yield depending on how cold it is. and i believe the alkaloid content is less or something. idk im gonna do it. opium is still opium haha.

good luck man.

edit - and have a close eye on the plants because jackasses can come around and steal em.

5. i wouldnt be able to this year cause im in idaho right know but ill going to montana in august.

if i did it here in idaho almost no one would notice haha, at least in my area.