Poppers Are So Bad

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by ReggieKuush, May 26, 2013.

1. I think we call them "blunts" around here? I dunno I've only tried it once and didn't like it

I heard it's beyond popular in the UK

[​IMG]

2. I live in iowa.
    When I use to smoke cigarettes i would smoke joints with amazing rolling tobacco from Spain. My sister would bring it back or mail me some( high quality rolling tobacco.)

I mean literally .2 of tobacco. And .8 of nice bud.
    I really enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Wish the kids would start smoking bath salt again. Darwisim

4. Or some dhoka! if they really want that nic rush....taste good and is hella strong and not full of chemicals!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I prefer the kind with cream cheese and a jalapeño, with a crunchy cornmeal/bread outside.

6. ^Smart blade!^   Thank you for this thread!!!!!   :)

7. Bongs get you high as fuck without tobacco...and then i smoke a red. No coughing blood or collapsed lung

8. i find it absoultely insane, kids around my area like to "pop out" which is basically taking hits that make you vomit. I'm off the deep end and am down to do almost anything but I find this to be very stupid and quite disgusting.

9. #69 touchmynugs2times, Dec 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2014
    This shit is seriously a problem, I used to live in ontario and its just as bad as they say, I used to be one of those kids that had nothing better to do then sit around smoking weed all day, but hangin out with hs friends and starting to smoke cigs it quickly turned into smoking like u said anywhere from 20-40 poppers a day no exaggeration but we always used normal bowls from our bongs no lil poper shaft peice so that was prob even much worse considering we would pack rimmers of the biggest bowls we could. I eventually had to stop smoking anything for a year as my lungs got so bad and was coughing up some un-holy shit, all day long, my lungs now are still very sensitive after smoking a bit of green and its been a year since I smoked a popper, mind u I did that for about three or four years and wish I never even tried it once. But you live u learn......... Btw Fuck Tobacco

Also for all the fellow Ontario smokers this was inbetween Orangville and Collingwood lol 2 hrs north of GTA

Party at my house

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. #70 justcametomind, Dec 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2014
    Living in the Hammer Ontario atm, seen this thread after doing a quick google search for "Cannabis poppers bad". You are absolutely right OP and I am glad to see people from the area agreeing this fad is a damn plague. I have been smoking green since I was a young fellow, grade 6 or 7 I think was the first time I hit joint, high-school came around and I started going to a lot of shows (if you are from Ontario I am sure you know how great the music scene is around here) met some cool kids from Toronto who refused to smoke a joint with me. Kindly said "Sorry man we only do poppers", intrigued I took one, hated it lol but later became a fan after trying them a few more times. I went pretty heavy with it and still do them, feel like an idiot to, I know they are terrible and years later, 23 now. I have noticed considerable damage done to my lungs. Albeit I have cut down severely from several decks in a week just on poppers to one pack of Belmonts lasting me about 14 days. I know being popper free is just a matter of time and willpower and to the collapsed lung stories, fuck I have always heard rumours of some kids a city over having a lung collapse from hitting too many poppers but I always shrugged the thought off and said "it's not like we are smoking crack guys".

11.  If you're smoking anything, even weed, you have no right to criticize others for smoking tobacco.

12. Not criticizing ppl that smoke tobacco but just stating how much worse it is to smoke tobacco with your weed through a bong at the same time, esp if u already smoke cigs its seriously damaging to the lungs...

On a side note I don't agree with smoking tobacco but to each their own right

Party at my house

13.  tobacco itself isnt really that bad.  It's the chemicals companies add that are.  However, that said, it really depends on your genetics..  some people are just naturally prone to cancer or other health problems and tobacco exacerbates these problems (as does cannabis), however from first-hand experience, i can tell you the general public has a very skewed perspective, thanks to propaganda by political groups.

I've always had a fascination with solanales, the order better known as 'nightshades', and i've literally done hundreds of hours of reading about tobacco.  As far as nightshades go, tobacco is actually one of the least toxic nightshades out there.

Eggplant contains nicotine too, but nobody ever badmouths it (other than not liking eggplant), despite it having quite a high amount of nicotine (15-20 lbs of eggplant has roughly the same amount of nicotine as a cig!)...

14. Again I don't think anyone is badmouthing tobacco, rather saying in comparison to just smoking green that these poppers have a much more negative effect on your lungs, but yes I agree with what you are saying also I'm pretty sure I read something like for ppl with genetics that have high cancer rates, even one cig could trigger it ?

Party at my house

15. Rofl how much eggplant you eatin bro?

16.  As stated, roughly 20 lbs of eggplant have the same amount of nicotine as a cigarette.

A normal eggplant is often around one pound, some much larger.  So that's still quite a substantial amount of nicotine in a single eggplant.  Dont get your information from TV or forums, read some books, and do the work yourself.  You'd be surprised what lies and deceptive politics you'd uncover in the process.  

17. I thought this was going to be about amy.... ah fuck it. Yeah, it's bad for you.

18. #78 Carne Seca, Dec 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2014

I thought it was going to be about something else......  :edited:

Same, might want to drop the pic though. Most likely an 'unmentionable'.

20. #80 Carne Seca, Dec 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2014

It's legal.  Why would it be an unmentionable?  o_O

Anyway, done and done. :p