popo violated my rights -__-

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by denieddd, Oct 9, 2010.

1. well i was chilling with some friends in my car about to pickup. we park by are guys house on the side. As soon as we park d-tech rolls up and flips on his lights. cop comes up and asking what were doing blahblahblaH. then he goes get out of the car. and before this we had no bud in the car and definitely did not smell. i tell him i dont give him permission to search my car because he has no reasonable suspicion and he tells me to get out of the car or hes going to rip me out of it. and he said his reasoning is cause i was acting suspicious.. im like .... lmao. i got nothing illegal so i hop out and they search me and my two friend and found nothing. and the whole time the cop is saying "im going to write you a ticket because your parked to far from the curb". but i got away free and no ticket!:hello::hello:

2. #2 Human Cruoton, Oct 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2010
    That cop sounds like a fucking prick. God i hate pigs. :rolleyes:

This one time i got arrested for "suspicious activity" ( was actually walking to work (mcdonalds) ) and they cuffed me and took me to the station. I was searched and held in a waiting room then they concluded i didnt have anything or know anything......They took everything from my pockets: cell phone, ipod, wallet, keys.....searched me thoroughly and called my parents.......Little did they know i had 2 grams of some exotic weed in a secret slit in my wallet. I was so happy when they gave me my wallet back. Best weed i ever smoked :)

3. Guilty of a CWB?
    (Chillin While Black)
    Glad you dodged it.

4. :rolleyes:

5. nah me and my friend are white and the other one is Indian.

yeah they were a-holes. funny thing was we were parked right next to are dealers house and he was coming out and he saw the lights and ran back in! lol

6. Hey man....... you a cop? :poke:

7. Wait what right(s) did they violate?

8. ftp. amen.

9. Un reasonable search

10. As far as I'm aware (and i am far from a lawyer) a police officer asking you to step out of the vehicle and patting you down is lawful without probable cause. I know if I rolled up on a car with a few people in it telling me off the bat that they don't consent to a search of their vehicle and refusing to get out of the car I'd want to pat them down for weapons as well.

11. Report him to the station he came from, it's highly likely that nothing will happen but letting him know that you are serious about your shit will help him know that you don't want to be fucked around with. Idk I'm high as fuck right now.

12. Nope. Just tired of the 'Cops suck' posts every time they are mentioned even when no wrong was done

13. Word, brotha.

14. Waaaaaait just a minute, since when do cops violate people's rights? Oh yeah, all the fucking time, I forgot. :mad:

15. No can do doctor doo little

Just a senior in high school :wave:

16. Well actually you were going to pick up drugs right? So the cop was correct in saying you were acting suspiciously. Some would say that waiting around to pick up drugs is shady. Some would say that.

17. You are wrong. Sitting in yor car with a couple of friends is NOT probable cause. Refusing to allow a search without probable cause is NOT probable cause.

In this case the officer was in the wrong.

I respect the police, most of them are trying to do a decent job of protecting us citizens. But I would never want to be a cop, it's too dangerous and muchly unappreciated by the likes of most people on this forum.

18. #19 Sharcastic, Oct 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2010
    A suspicious vehicle gives the right for a cop to search your car. He can also search your car if he is concerned about his safety.
    It pretty much allows a cop to search any vehicle. You can actually be arrested for refusing.
    Stop listening to 99 problems by Jay-Z.

Look up Carroll v. United States

Keep things in your glove compartment, and lock it. It's a portable container, and is protected by the 4th amendment.

19. They do not need probable cause to stop you, that is for a search of your private property (i.e. the car in this case). They need reasonable suspicion to detain you.

Once legally detained you can be frisked, this is for the officer's safety: