Popcorn nugs!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by df47, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Anyone else have issues with tiny nugs?
    I have a Zkittles under a 450w light running the advanced nutrients trio in coco
    Currently at week 4 with pistols already turning brown and tiny popcorn nugs all over, not one dense nug forming! [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Daft question but did you move it for the photo or is it always beside your light and not actually under it.
    Sounds daft but gotta cover all the bases round here. People do all sorts of weird stuff lol.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. You're growing under blurples, which isn't the best light source.

Chances are, your light isn't even 450 watts. Probably less than half that in reality.

4. Insuffecient lighting

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. I have 2 plants under a 450w light each thats why it looks like it’s away from the light!

6. It’s quite a small tent with only 2 plants in there both under a 450w each I would have thought that would be plenty enough considering the size

7. how much do you feed?

8. I have one in soil and one in coco for a test
    I feed the coco one daily and soil one weekly

9. What light source would you suggest that is still somewhat power efficient?
    Currently have 2 450 viparspectras in there

10. Toss a quantum board in there or a 600w HPS bulb.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. By the looks of the plant it's a high sativa strain, blast those things with light, those 450w led are good for veg but myself would look into better quality led or cob lighting. Either that or hang a 600w hps. I use nothing but hps at this point and have had nothing but good results with them. I know alot of others that went to led and now are back to the old school setups with MH and HPS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Blurples suck. I have a $500 Kind k3 600 sitting in a box collecting dust for that reason, it wont grow dense nugs. Get hps, cob lights, or qb boards for large dense nugs. Always invest the money in quality lighting.

13. Want me to take it off your hands for ya?:love-m3j:

14. What are the hps’s like cost efficient wise compared to LED’s? It seems even the led’s bump the cost up a fair load

15. How often (many grows) do you change your hid bulbs?

16. Yep, can confirm. Looks like the lights are just bs. There are cheap LED lights on the market with great (obv. fake) amazon reviews who claim to replace a 1000w hsp.

In reality the power output is about 200w and they barly replace a 250w hsp...

As said, good old hsp is still great and by far the best for low budget.
    COB and quantum boards if you like to invest a bit more.
    Never cheap china LED!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. What’s everyone’s suggestions on an easy better light source for my next grow?
    Would like something somewhat cost efficient power bill wise due to the led’s already adding a fair bit but don’t mind spending good money on the quality of the lights themselves!
    Current led’s are vipaspectra series

18. I use my 600w for 2 maybe 3 flowering, the 1000w I run only 2 runs. At this point there cheap to buy bulbs. I only do 2 runs a year indoors if lucky so I yet to buy a bulb this year.

19. Whats the size of your grow space?

BL

20. Lighting is the main cost of any grow, I just can't see spending over 500 bucks on a mid range led up to 2 grand for high end led when a 1000w bulb costs me 67 bucks, then running in flower it costs me under 100 a month at my rates. That and I'm on a budget plan so no matter how much I use I only pay what the budget is. And with me growing I've kept our usage down lower then ever in this house, everything is electric, heat, hot water, stove, all of it.