Pool

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by Dizzy, Nov 2, 2022.

1. Iono If This Consider A Sport? But I Thought It Deserve Its Own Thread Some Where Atleast. Anybody Play? We Have A Pool Table In Our Basement Over Here An It 1 Of My Favorite Games Ever. My Dad Used To Play People An Take They Money Lol An My Husband Really Good Too They Both Teach Me A lot So Im Pretty Good At It. I Really Enjoy Just Playin For Fun Tho.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  2. Yeah we love to play pool. I used to be really good, not so much anymore lmao.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Thank You For The Reply. I Sorry You Lost It Tho. When Was The Last Times You Play?

~Toni~

4. Yeah I love to play pool at the bar

Used to have a mini table in my basement growing up that we got lots of fun out of even though it wasn't regulation sized.......maybe I'll buy a table for the house...

• Creative Creative x 1
  5. I used to be captain of 2 league teams. APA and local bar league. Haven't picked up my cue in 7 years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. I've played pool for roughly 25 years.

I'm currently in a 9ball Sunday night league. Team has been together since 2013. Made it all the way to Vegas 5 or 6 times to play for the big money.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. I've officially converted my dining room into the pool room lol

My step dad gave me his table

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. Sweet! I used to play quite a bit, I was captain of a local APA team and I also had a team on the seasonal bar league. Haven't touched a cue in 4 years........such is life.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Wow Cool HT I Hope You Get To Play Alot.

Maybe You Will Again Sometimes Tho. Congrats On Bein A Captain Ofa APA Team Too.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 2
  10. You have a table? Pick up the stick, brotha!

Thanks T that's the plan lol. I've played a few times with my friends so far and it's been a blast.

I should thank you as well for creating this thread it may have played a role in me getting this table as it was on my mind when my stepdad said he was going to get rid of his

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Ohh It So Fun Huh? I Play It With My Husband Or Kids Or 2 Friends. We Gotta Pool Table In The Basement.

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. I don't unfortunately. Grew up playing on an old slate brunswick my grandparents had in their basement, then played at the bars, now I have too much other shit going on....no free time really. Ah well.

13. That's awesome Ton. You any good? What games you guys play? Just the regular style or anything else? I was enjoying 9-ball the most the last time I played with my friend

Well maybe someday around the corner I hope. Seems you enjoy playing it very much. Just imagine never playing ever again right now lol....don't let that be the reality!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

14. We Play Alotta Diff Games But Mostly Reguler Style. I Do Pretty Good But My Husband Usuaully Win But Not Always Tho. My Dad Was a Person Who Play Pool For Money Lol 9 Ball Fun Too.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 1
  15. #15 ArthurBarron, Sep 6, 2023
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2023
    Pool is absolutely a game worth discussing, and it's fantastic that you have a pool table right in your basement! It's a classic game that brings people together for friendly competition and lots of fun. Learning the ropes from your dad and husband must have been quite an experience – those family moments are priceless.
    It's great that you enjoy playing for fun. Sometimes, that's when the real magic of the game comes alive. The laughter and camaraderie can make every shot memorable.
    For those interested in pool-related insights and tips, websites like damagecontrol-911.com might offer valuable information on maintenance and care.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Thank You For The Kind Words! You Play Too?

~Toni~

17. Been playing a lot more pool the past year n a half. Soccer was my sport, but my health hasn't been up for it and Pool has been my favorite substitution

Have met a lot people and mind has become a bit more sharp.

Sent from my moto g 5G (2022) using Grasscity Forum mobile app

I want to be good, but competitiveness sometimes takes the fun out of things for me. There's leagues around and tourneys every week at the alley I go too. Had sticks and a table growing up, but gave it up when we moved

18. I loved billiards as a kid. At that time I was bought a children's table billiards, I was unimaginably happy, I played half a day every day. I don't know why everyone is so passionate about rolling balls, but there is something about it for sure

19. I am good at pool.

• Like Like x 1
  20. My friends and I regularly go to play billiards every 2 weeks and enjoy the evening, although before I didn’t really like to play it.