pollinated?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by FLORIDA guy, Sep 22, 2009.

1. just a quick question. i had a male about a hundred yards away from my female that shall we say.. premature ejaculated. but the female is only in its 3rd week of flowering. i can see a couple swollen seed bracts that definitly got seeds forming but the rest of the plant only has hairs about .5 cm long. oh and its rained super hard a couple times since i yanked the male.

so my question is will i have a lot more seeds or pretty much just the ones im seein now.

2. #2 TexarkanaTim, Sep 22, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2009
    If enough pollen reached the plant to create even one seed pod, you can expect to see more as time goes by. Unfortunately, it doesn't take much pollen to "do the job". But, look on the bright side....nothing wrong with putting away some seed for a rainy day...And if you have friends who grow, see if you can trade seeds with them and build up your varieties. It can be a good situation.

3. If only some of the polin made it to your plant then you will only have the few seeds you have now. The rest of the plant will still make buds.

You will know soon enough whats going to happen.

4. Yesterday while I was checking up on my girls I noticed some darker colors on the lime green bud that's still fattening up. I plucked away at it since I thought it may be some mold or something. As I pick at the bud a single light green seed pops out of one of the pods! :eek:

This kinda freaks me out as I don't think my girl is going hermie on me and it's been 3 weeks since the girls were near their male counterparts out on the guerrilla growing field I had going (I've left the males there in the field and brought the girls home 3 weeks ago).

I check out the rest of her and see a couple of other moldy looking areas. I pick them off. I also notice that some of the pods are a brown color and stand out from the rest of the green bud. I figure they may be seeded pods as well. I didn't pick them out yet since I actually wouldn't mind having a seed or two to hang on to and I don't know if the seeds are ready to be picked. Perhaps, I'll give it a few days before I harvest them.

Going to check for the balls every day though. Gotta remember that the goal here is to get the sensimilla :D

5. yeah im perfectly happy with a few seeds since theyre on the lower buds and will definitly save me some money. ima have some
    thai super skunk X arjan's haze #1
    should be an interesting strain.
    i'll call it arjan's thai skunk.

thats a relief cause this is my only plant right now and i'm hopin for some dank.

another question.
    will the seeds pop before the rest of the bud is done? or will they stay in the sac until i harvest