Pollen sacs on plant in veg

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Lawlerskates, Sep 2, 2016.

1. Hey guys, I have five Serious Seeds AK-47 plants, they were grown from feminized seeds. I'm still vegging my plants but it looks like one of them is starting to show pre-flowers at roughly six weeks. The pre-flowers on a couple nodes look like pollen sacs, with a tiny stem at the base leading to ball. The top node looks a bit different might be female pre-flower. Is this is even possible to have pollen sacs on plants (in veg) grown from feminized seeds? Should I just pick off the pollen sacs and let it grow?

• Like Like x 1
  2. What are your lights? SS strain lines have an issue with CFL or Flourescent (T5, T8) bulbs... even under a 400w MH they need lots of light!! SS has had issues with preflowering in veg, almost sounds like you have a male but it also could be preflowering and you could be seeing Calyx...

3. I'm using a 400 watt MH for veg and will be using a 1000 watt HPS for flower. The plants look healthy and the leaf nodes are close together. It doesn't look like they're stretching for light.

4. Can i possibly see a picture?

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm thinking I have a hermaphrodite.
    unnamed.jpg
    ^It's very early pre flower but you can make out the female part with the two white hairs. There is also a male pollen sack coming out of the node on each side though it is hard to see in pic.
    unnamed (1).jpg
    ^Here's a couple pollen sacks at a different node.

6. I'm going to wait for the pre flowers to mature a bit more before deciding to chop it down. It's not looking good for this one. It's a shame too because it's currently one of my larger plants.

7. looks like a dude but I never pull til im 100% sure

8. That's a Hermie

• Like Like x 1
  9. These plants came from feminized seeds, so it would have to be hermie if it's not fem. I'll wait till the pre flowers get bigger before deciding.

10. You can always let it grow and get feminized seeds. I thought abot forcing one for that purpose. But it's dangerous to be around the rest of your plants

11. Absolutely. Someone has to get the male or hermie. Be glad it's not a late hermie. That's a male for sure though and my plants stayou under a 1000 hps from seed to smoke and they show in 5 gallon buckets at longest by day 27 or so if veg that's when my oreflowers usualy sex my plants. 21 to 25 days and I'm certain of it.

12. Alls it means is that that specific plant is sexual mature. Seeds don't know which sex they're gonna be until they pick I am pretty sure I just read that. That's why you can't tell seed sex , anyway you can give yourself a better chance with female but only a better chance as you see no absolutes in this hobby unless it's a clone. Then even then it can stress hermie Todd it unless you plan on breeding.

• Like Like x 1