pollen sacks?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by playar1, Feb 16, 2011.

1. hi, first time grower here lookin for help

i have 8 cheese plants that are 7 an 1/2 weeks into flowering, I noticed these odd balls shapes forming from the pre-flowers and im concerned that it could be hermie i removed a few of these pods and opened them up and they were empty to the naked eye any ways. resin production hasnt slowed down at all there is crystals forming all over the place as u can see from the pic and i havnt found any seeds yet, however i did catch the winter sickness bug at around week 3-4 of flowering and was bed ridden for 3 days and 2 of the plants stretched too close to light and got burnt on about 3 nodes each also the hairs went brown very early in the grow, so i had to resort to a microscope for ripeness at x100 magnification there is masses and masses of trichomes that are all milky waiting to see a few ambers then im gonna chop these babys down.

so could any1 tell me what these odd balls are please, gonna be gutted if its hermie and ruined my smoke >.<

thanks in advance

Attached Files:

• pic1.jpg
      pic1.jpg
      File size:
      303.2 KB
      Views:
  2. If they had little bananas inside after you cracked one open, I'd have said "male".

If they had a little under-developed seed, I'd have said "female: male parts in the vicinity".

But from the way they look, and from your description of its inner contents (or lack thereof) I'm saying: "female, bloated calyxes"... it's a good thing :)

3. phew thanks for the speedy response, feel a whole lot better now :)

4. i dont see any sign of hermie either

just some nice shit.

5. the bottom 2 "balls just below the bud look like 2 swollen calyx's, bring the picture up to full size and you can see the 2 little pistil's sticking out of both of them. i see no sign of male reproductive organs. pretty little bud covered with trichomes, which is what you want ^_^