Pollen press

Discussion in 'General' started by Sheldonblk2357, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Hello guys and ladies,new to the forum.like everything on here.had a ?,jus purchased a T handle pollen press,when you press the kief,do you use heat or let it sit??.ive seen YouTube videos and it's all pretty much 50/50. Some use heat and some don't.can someone please help me:confused:

2. Do whatever one you want, they obviously both work.

3. I see that,is one better than the other??

4. i press the kief and then put it in a plastic bag and situate it 6 inches from this portable heater in my room. i let the hot air blast it for 15-25 minutes (the keif press gets noticibly hot, hard to even hold) then let it cool entirely and unscrew everything.

another easy method i use to do was put the press in a plastic bag and run hot water over it for 15 minutes or so.

ive always heard that adding a little heat while your applying pressure creates a more potent end product.

5. I also have a problem with it sticking to the press disks.should I use wax paper??

6. I have a problem with it sticking to the press disks,should I use wax paper??

7. you could im not sure what the outcome would be. is it destroying the puck? its usually normal for a good amount to stick to the disks thats why you have to press at least a gram.

leaving it in the press longer might help for a more uniform puck. i usually use a razor blade and scrape the extra keif off the disks after im all done and smoke that stuff first.

8. No I just have to get it off with a razor,I don't no if that's from leaving it in the freezer too long?? I put it in the oven at 300 degrees and bake it 5-6 minutes,tighten,then put in freezer for about 15min......is this rite???

9. And I'm only pressing a little at a time,I know it's less than a gram.soo I have to put at least a gram??

10. how much are you working with? .7 and up will work but its gonna be thin, any less and thats why its falling apart.

put all your product in and press it all the way as much as you can, then apply the heat. the freezer probably isnt hurting anything but personally i would let it cool down to room temperature on its own next to a window sill or something.

and about the oven temp, 300 sounds far too hot im suprised your keif isnt like melting out the sides (one time my friend pressed 2 grams but let it get too hot and oil started seeping out the side and he yeilded half oil and half pressed kif)

11. Ok I have a small torch I can use,how long should I torch it for??

12. #12 Ratio, Apr 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2012
    just boil some water, when it boils turn the burner off and let it cool for a second, put the press in a freezer bag and submerge it. Dont touch it again until the water and the press is back to room temp.

you dont wanna torch your press lol.

13. How long should I leave it in the water

14. read first, ask questions later ;)

15. Hahaha tru.thanks bro!!

16. anytime brotha. hope it all works out and you have have some delicious product to smoke :bongin:

17. I've never known anyone to use heat.

18. the right amount of heat is necessary to allow the keif to bind to itself, and with the right temp some of the CBD turns to THC and the THCA also turns into THC.

tldr; heat makes for a better pressed puck as well as a more potent one.