Pollen Press vs Smoking Loose Kief?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Pngwyn, Oct 3, 2011.

1. Is there any difference in using a pollen press to create hash with kief, and just smoking the same amount of kief on top of a bowl or in a joint or something?

I've been watching some really cool/easy-looking vids of people making hash discs, but am curious if there's any point in spending $25 when (if) you can smoke it loosely and have the same effect.

2. for selling pressed kief... only reason i can see

3. Pressing it helps to remove some of the moisture, other then that, I don't really know. :/ I press.

4. Easier to transport, can have it in open without wind blowing it away, And the self-satisfaction of looking at a brick of pressed kief(hash)

5. I pressed mine into a disc but i honestly didnt enjoy it as much. Its not like i was going to smoke like 1.4 grams in a single sitting so i prefer to just top a bowl with a sprinkle, it goes a long ways.

6. i own a kief press it came free with my grinder. the only pros are easier to transport and easier to deal with, and i find that when pressed i get a better taste and it burns better, they have them on Amazon for like 10 bucks shipped to your door so how can you go wrong

7. I like my kief in powder form. I've pressed it a few times, but a nice bud-keif-bud sandwich in the bong does me just fine every time. I like to scrape it up every 2-3 days (gotta love the kief box) and transfer it to my vials so it all stays fresh. And that way I maintain a constant supply.

8. I ordered one because I usually like to wait until my weed is gone then smoke the keif, and keif is just too powdery and falls through the bowl, wasting a lot of it. I was thinking the press would help solve that problem. (it came with a sharpstone grinder I ordered on amazon)

9. I thought it was a nice way to measure out some weed for vacation and be able to travel with it in miniturized format. It is great for that; as the discs just stack up and put into a mint box.
    However, the taste. Is different. It tastes flavorful, and it also tokes stronger now! I'm really happy I got this press!

I just paid on AMZ, like $10 for a set; grinder (small 2" grinder) and a small pollen press. Cheap, works great.
    Very happy about this purchase.