Poll: (When) Will Weed be legalized?

Discussion in 'General' started by Lithium, Dec 1, 2005.

1. I know there's other forums of the same topic. But who cares. We don't remember them anyways, as true stoners. I'd like a definitive poll as to what u guys think.

2. So where's the poll? LoL

~ Terpsichore

3. I think it'll be legalized within the next 15 years... People in general are already starting to realize that having it illegal hurts society more than it would if it was legal. That should be enough to legalize within 15.

4. I hope to God it never gets legalized. If it does then we're going to easily destroy a wonderful thing.

Decriminalization YES. Legalization NO.

And I'm betting almost full decrim in 10-15 years.

5. Cool, got it now!! LoL... I think in about 30 years... I think it will at least be decriminalized in 30 years, even if it's not legal... but I'm pretty convinced that if we continue our progress we will no doubt be legal in 30 years.. probably sooner, but I wanted to be conservative...

~ Terpsichore

6. why do u say full decriminalization so soon, lexus? im curious

7. i personally don't believe it will be legalized in our lifetime.... the reason being, if it wasn't legalized back in the 60's when everything was about peace and liberty..... well i dont think they would do it now.

8. How would it ruin marijuana?

9. the reason why its not legal yet is because america sucks at growing stellar pot, the economy cant afford to buy/compete against other countries like canada and mexico, thast basically the major reason, i mean fuck look at alcohol, that shit kills more people than anything, and its legal, same with cigerettes, they kill a fuck load of people and its still legal, weeds never killed a person , unless its an accident of some sort, but alcohol kills thousands, it will never be legalized, jsut me

10. in my area sothern california, weed is sort of becoming more tolerable. i know a buch of people who have medical cards and can get weed from places in town. i know for a fact there are medical shops down here where you can get weed ice cream and cookies and brownies and other stuff 2. Docters are giving patients medicle card for simple reasons like cronic pains of almost aney kind. like stomach aces which nothing else will help or like car accident pains and bone pain after a bone was broken. wow im rambling, interesting subject.

11. I doubt that your Statement would be if mj were truly legalized. Think of how much the marijuana industry would prosper with the largest consumer market in the world to operate freely in!!! The results would be on par with our other major industries: such as tobacco and alcohol. :D

I wrote This entire post using a Tablet PC .:smoke:

12. I said 45 years for full legalization in the US. Although honestly I doubt it even then, if we convinced the rest of the world to outlaw marijuana globally, we're not just going to turn around and legalize it. I mean, even in my college peer group I know more people who are against it than for it.

13. Interesting thought, but think about who was in power in the '60's...it wasn't the kids getting high, it was the WW2 generation & they definately weren't down w/tha weed...now that the boomers are in power, there's a lote mroe people in elected offices with a sympathetic leaning towards mj....

the 2nd thing is that our society moves in cycles between liberal and conservative leanings...there's so much dissatisfaction with the current Republican administration that I think we're poised to see a more liberal cast of clowns slide into office...that, plus the grassroots support of lots of local initiatives for decriminalization & med mj may finally lead to some real national changes...

That being said, I'm probably much more of an optomist about this than a realist, but wft, that's the attitude we've gotta have if we want to win this fight! :D

14. It'll never be legal in the states!

15. - Immortal Technique

16. i don't see why this poll was moved from recreational marijuana use to general....... it has to do with marijuana.

17. right on :smoking:

18. Among several other things, it'll be legalized when new political campaign finance laws come about. Politicians shouldnt be allowed to get boatloads of money from private organizations that will stop giving them money if they do something they dont agree with. My guess is that there are many younger politicians out there who are for legalizing marijuana but dont want risk having their funding taken away. A big part of winning an election is spending a lot of money, and the Republicans and Democrats have the most.

People need to stand up for what they believe in and not be a big pussy about it.

19. Can I hear an AMEN BROTHA!

~ Terpsichore

20. i highly doubt it will be legalized in the next 15 years. everybody thinks they know their facts about it when the only actualy way to know the facts is to do it yourself. think about it. u turn on the tv and theres a freevibe commercial. u open up ur rolling stone magazine theres an article on bush's "war" AGAINST pot. u turn on the radio more freevibe. u get in ur car to go for a ride more freevibe this time on a billboard. somebody in this thread even commented that even COOLEGE STUDENTS were against it in a debate. itll b a while...