Poll: Smoking Cigarette Butts

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Squishey, May 1, 2010.

1. So you're walking down the street, nicking the fuck out. You see a half smoke, would you pick it up? Have you picked one up before? Most people wouldn't admit to it, its not exactly a socially accepted activity. But be honest, have you done it before? I have. Not proud of it, but hey we all do desperate things in desperate times.

2. Yeah dude, totally... Fuckas round these parts call them refries. Is this just a PHX thing or what the fuck?

3. Hah, i did it when i was 8 or 9 and experimenting with cigarettes for the first time. Strange thing is that i have never "nicked the fuck out" ever although i've been smoking for years and there have been plenty of times when i had no cigs.

4. I believe I read somewhere that Albert Einstein did that;)

I've never done it.. Well, I've never even looked on the ground for cigarette butts but I imagine they'd be stood on and manky lol

5. Thats grose. Fuck Cigs.

6. I pick my friends butt's up if I'm out. I don't waste my time on small ass ones though

7. I might if theres nothing else but half the time it's stale.
    it has to look like a good refry

We do take refries out of my homie moms ash tray though every once in a while cus she never smokes them down

8. I agree, although I used to smoke cigs for 2-3 years. (been quit for 16 months!)

9. I wouldn't do that, but one day I was really stressed, didn't have any weed, and really wanted a cig. I bought some Drum, then managed to lose it ALL, so I was pissed, sat down on a bench, and there on the floor in front of me was an intact cig minus the filter, so I broke it, rolled it into a cig, and smoked it. Was nasty though haha.

However on a similar note, when I smoke straights I always smoke them right down to the filter. I know some people who don't even get close and smoke them half way, but for me I see it as a waste if I don't.

10. yea i did it when i was younger, but i would never do it now. Im not addicted to smokes but have smoked many in the past. If I want one that bad, ill just go buy a pack.

11. #11 Maxtasy, May 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2010
    Yes, I think that poll's accuracy might be a little off. Its an addiction, I'm addicted to oxy too, if I found half an 80mg on the floor, I'd pick it up and toss it on the foil. Besides, just slightly burn the filter before you put it on your lips

12. What if the person had herpes? That's one thing I'd never do.

13. That's nasty. I smoke cigs, and love them just as much as any other guy/girl, but I am nowhere near the level of addiction it would take for me to pick up a cigarette butt and smoke it. It tastes nasty to relight a cig and it's been on the ground for who knows how long, but the worst part is really, who do you think was smoking it before you? That's how you get diseases/ made a laughing stock...

Edit: Good point by Danklicious that matches what I said, what kind of virus could be transferred by doing that? A BUTTLOAD.

14. nawwwwwwwwwwwwww fuck thaaaaaaaaat.

15. my retarded friends always did it and im like GROSS...never talked to them anymore. no way in hell im i gonna pass them anything again.

16. worrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd

17. #17 DeLaUltraBlaze, May 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2010
    Back when I was a minor and didn't have a way to get cigs, whenever I'd go to my friend's house, I would snatch his parent's "smoked" cigs. They'd take maybe 2 or 3 drags of a square, put it out, and never think about it again. Oh the days of being under 18 :eek:

EDIT: Also, about the whole virus/sickness thing, I heard somewhere that you can do something with the filter to basically make it "better." Something about turning it inside out or whatever, but I've never done it.

18. I've done it a few times, can't say it's a hobby, but ehh, what's to lie about?

19. I've done it before, but usually with a friend's butt's. When I was desperate enough to find one on the ground I would always run a lighter flame along the but and quickly over the tobacco filled part to make it was clean.

20. I live in phoenix and we call em refries out in my parts too