Politics: A Superficial Game?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by legalizeme, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Hello blades,

I think I may just be using this thread as a rant, but whatever, I'd like some feedback.

I posted on the Ron Paul thread a while ago, and some fellow blades shed wonderful light on this man. He seems like he has good intentions, values, and policies. However, I don't think that this man will ever become president. I sincerely hope that he does, but for some reason, I just feel that our country and government are run by shadows.

I mean, I knew that Obama was just a slogan and talking head for our nation. It was important for us that an african american became president, but the price we paid was the same we always pay: nothing gets done. On the contrary, he was better than Bush, but that's not really a compliment. Honestly, I gave up hope once I became old enough to realize that all it takes is money and a good surface image to get into politics.

Ron Paul gives me hope, but I can't help but feel that there is none anymore. I'm working to better the world on my own, but sometimes I feel overwhelmed and down because I can't see our future as something to look forward to. Things have just gotten so out of hand, the global economy is now a separate all powerful entity, modern warfare and technology have just gotten to a point where it is scary, and it seems all our country wants to do is make money. These really shouldn't be bad things, but the way we conduct ourselves with these matters just makes me sick.

Am I just thinking too much about this? Or is there actually someone out there who can get us back on to the right track? Is revolution the answer? Or will our government actually realize that things need changing, and reform before the people get too fed up and rebel? How much is too much for us in the U.S.?

I hate sounding like this, but something has to be done. I know that one person cannot change a nation, however, I believe one man might be able give it a jump start.

Ultimately, it's left up to us, the people. How can we improve our politics and government? Is it even possible? Or do I just have no idea what I'm talking about, and everything is really ok?

Please feel free to post any of your thoughts, I'm not trying to start a debate. And if I'm wrong, please let me know

2. People need to educate themselves, but no one does that so...

3. Firstly, I do not think it should be of great importance to have an African American to become president. Not that it shouldn't happen, but we should be electing the president based on their principles not the color of their skin.

I also fail to see how Obama is any better, whatsoever, than Bush :confused::
    National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Bill Text - 112th Congress (2011-2012) - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
    Executive Order -- National Defense Resources Preparedness | The White House

With that said, its great you are learning more about Doctor Paul's ideas. If Ron Paul is elected it will be the greatest day of my life, but even if he isn't, his ideas have been heard and will continue spreading. Don't give up hope so easily, change is slow.

Even if Ron Paul is elected we have a long road ahead of us. Personally, I believe our current system screwed. The dollar is inflating and will fall and the government keeps encoding authoritarian policies into law. It almost laughable these days to consider government reforming and making itself smaller.

Best thing I can say is keep learning the message of Ron Paul and Austrian economics and educate people. Thinking optimistically here :D : Eventually people will come around, especially when everything starts falling apart

Sorry if I didn't answer everything, feel free to point out anything I may have missed.