Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

politicians son gets off

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by aidenmurrey, Sep 28, 2011.

1. The Associated Press: Ex-DC mayor's son spared jail time in drug case

Ex-DC mayor's son spared jail time in drug case
    By JESSICA GRESKO, Associated Press – 11 hours ago
    WASHINGTON (AP) — The son of former Washington mayor Marion Barry has been spared jail time in his own drug case.
    A judge on Tuesday gave the younger Barry, the son of the mayor who was caught smoking crack cocaine in 1990, a nine-month suspended sentence on charges of possessing marijuana and PCP. Marion Christopher Barry will remain free from jail if he stays out of trouble
    The 31-year son was arrested in May after police were called to his Washington home by neighbors who heard screaming and things breaking. Barry jumped out a third story window when officers arrived, though he later returned and acknowledged that he was high on PCP when he began breaking things. Officers found a vial containing PCP and five sandwich bags of marijuana in the apartment.
    Barry, who pleaded guilty in July, told the judge he had been "self-medicating" with drugs and that he was not a drug dealer. The judge noted that Barry's drug problem began with the death of his mother, Effi Barry, in 2007.
    During his third term as mayor, Marion Barry was videotaped smoking crack cocaine in a hotel room in an FBI sting operation. He served six months in federal prison. Following his prison sentence, he was elected to a fourth term as mayor in 1994 and now serves on the D.C. Council.
    Barry, who attended his son's sentencing, declined to comment following the hearing as did his son, Barry's only child.

thoughts on this?

2. Well his farther former multi term mayor Marion Barry was caught on film smoking crack and was reelected after that. So I am not surprised at all remember its in Washington DC lots of strange things going on there.

3. I hate to play the race card here. But i think he basically got teh same sentence that any white dude would have gotten.

I mean a little bit of weed. A little bit of pcp. Not a big deal. Thats what you get for possession.

But i think that if he wasn't the mayors son they probably woulda got him with distributing since the bags were separated.

4. What a rookie, can't even handle PCP

5. pcp is a helluva drug....