political correctness question

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ElectricWarrior, Aug 19, 2011.

1. lookin for honesty here

heres what happened. my dude posted a joke FB status bout how he likes presidential candidate j huntsman because he was in a band in high school called "the wizards" and that makes him cooler than obama.

i responded with "obama may not have been in a well named band, but i bet he kicked ass in the wiz"

within a couple minutes this guy had deleted his post, and i received 3/4 messages from people who took offense, and said it was racist and in poor taste?

i really dont think what i said was that bad (frankly i still think it was funny). i

i dont want to start a debate, and i dont wanna argue my side. im just wondering what the consensus is.....did i cross the line or no?!?

**edit** the wiz is a play thats basically the wizard of oz portrayed by a (typically) predominately black cast

2. Not at all, that is hilarious. People are just way to touchy about the dumbest things. Consequences will probably be people judging you that more than likely shouldn't judge anybody

3. Political correctness makes me want to vomit.

4. I bet those people that sent him messages about your post were Obama lovers. Trust me, if a joke is something about somebody a person likes, its a terrible thing, but if its about somebody they hate, then its funny.

People are fucking lame.

5. for all intents and purposes i consider myself an obama supporter..in the sense i support him being there as opposed to mccain and palin lol.

6. I fucking hate politically correct people who act politically correct at the expense of a joke, but pay no mind to real racists like the KKK. Fuck you all, go die in a ditch, when I'm with my friends I'll joke around about everything and they know it's for the sake of the joke. If I offend you, get over it motherfucker. No one hurt you, quit crying.

^angry. politically incorrect rant towards political correctness

7. That's funny. See, humanitarianism is "in" these days, so people are just too busy putting on a show of how their sensitive little hearts bleed for this world to admit it. It's insulting to true humanitarians and people who has brainz, but it does make for lulzy facebook drama.