Police stop 70-year-old man for expired tags, shoot him for holding a cane

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Earth Ling, Mar 19, 2014.

1. ^Police didn't know he was unarmed or not, when you hesitate like that around criminals and people who dislike Authority you die.

The old man is the person who put the police in that position. He caused uncertainty and he was not cooperating.

2. Blades the old man was released from the hospital, quit saying the cop killed him.  http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/sc-deputy-cried-shooting-70-year-man-22885502

Also the cop needs some more training, he shot 6 times but only hit the guy once.  Unfortunately earlier this month it seems an officer from the same sheriff's department had shot and killed a dog on a long chain when it attacked him.  Perhaps they are a little trigger happy down south but its easy to see things differently in hindsight when their is only a moment to react in the moment.

3. Op I really must thank you for this thread, to actually see inside the heads of sociopaths, well done. :bongin:

4. What?

5. Why would I get a notification if you're on my ignore list... (Sheldon)
    Why are you responding to me when you know this (besides trolling)?
    Unless your knowledge (memory) is limited to google searches...

II'm not refuting that, I believe that's a valid statment,  and stated in my post ........ however i'm pointing out that cop should of been treated as every other American Citiczen when placed in the same situation. Especially when the citizen turns out to be unarmed. I could of made the same mistake and I already explain where I would be sitting ...... central booking.

7. Wtf? I didn't know what you meant, which is why I was questioning

And you seriously carrying a grudge against me? Lol...

I'm not trolling or trying to get you mad, I leave any disagreements with people behind in those threads. You're the one insulting me and causing immature drama.

And idk why you can see my post or get notifications. I'm not the tech admin.

8. It was because they mistook him for the elderly vigilante "Citizen Kane"

9. Your point is valid, it's not only morally correct but logically as well.
    Everyone is, or should be responsible for their actions (period).
    :bongin:

10. #90 NickaWittaBic, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
    Do you think York, South Carolina with a population of 7,883 (in 2012) has a problem with gang violence?

If you think he's trolling then there's something wrong with you. He's one of the smartest and cool-headed people I've seen on GC.

12. Everyone is entitled with an opinion, no matter how wrong they are. I just despise people who force their preconcieved notions as facts onto others. It is insulting to people of actual intellect who use logic and facts to make decisions.

Victim blaming isnt a fallacy when it applies to police. You wouldnt say the same thing about a rape victim or a little child who gets beaten by their parents, but with cops, its different, just constant excuses. It's all very sad.

14. i like the ad lapidem there. Just the whole reply lol :D "preconceived notions" like not getting out of the car at a traffic stop is common sense buddy. When has it ever, in the history of people being pulled over, gone in somebodies favor when they stepped out of the car?

Now, I dont know about YOU, but when I think about shit logically, when in a situation like this, my common sense would tell me to not step out of the car. The probability of things going good drops when I decide to not oblige with the officers request.

I am in no way commending the officer. He, as well as any other officer who incorrectly uses lethal force, should be punished to the full extent of the law, just as that other blade was saying.

Sent from my burner

15. Oh oh. Yeah you're right. I don't want to be a cop so that HAS to mean I don't care about shit like that.

You don't have to be a pig to help people out. /facepalm

You're still the same person, a pig or not. So why worry about going to a school to learn how to be a dick head instead of just skipping the two years and going out and stopping them now. You'll be more respected that way anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. #96 BeatsandGrass, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
    While it may seems odd that this older gentleman got out of his car to approach the officer, this was common practice in the 80's and early 90's. Here in Texas when you were pulled over, the driver was to get out of the car and stand by his vehicle to wait for the officer to approach. My uncle recently was pulled over and did just that, because he hadn't had an encounter with the police in years. The officer placed her hand on her weapon immediately, but didn't draw her gun.

The issue I'm having, is the amount of training officers are put through. Being on a special force, such as swat or gang enforcement, police officers are required to log so many hours training with their weapon. This should be the case for all of the department. You don't learn how to shoot properly in a six month training academy. Constant practice, and years of focus are the only true ways to become efficient with a firearm.

"Picture you and me in a cabin by the sea, sit up on the porch and we can burn a couple trees."

17. Well put, the only problem is that the arguments I rebutted were never substantiated in the first place, at least you know of another fallacy used in your allegations.
    Arguments like these lead me to believe you've been rarely pulled over, 9 out of 10 times I have been pulled over I exit my vehicle, sometimes the cop asks me to get out of my car before I can even undo my saftey belt.

18. I guess its different all around. Texas police are not the friendliest, but then again they are dealing with cartel, drug runners, illegal smugglers, etc. I just opt to never deal with any bullshit from the fuzz.

Sent from my burner

19. This is a forum, where you're free to express your opinions. You simply don't like me or my opinion. I'm not forcing my opinion by stating it anymore than you. I just don't have to resort to insulting someone. I left personal attacks behind in middle school

20. Sorry, man. You don't know game when you see it.