Police stop 70-year-old man for expired tags, shoot him for holding a cane

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Earth Ling, Mar 19, 2014.

1. To stop pedophiles, help rape victims, etc etc but I guess you don't give a shit about that.

2. We don't have this problem in Ireland because our cops don't get guns.

3. There's that good ol insulting gc members cball again.

4. Is the man okay? Did he live?

5. Your citizens also aren't armed as heavily and have such a disdain for police authority as ours do.

One solution isn't applicable in other countries with different circumstances

Yeah you gotta take into account the gun ownership rates. Also gang culture. Cops would just lose more control to gangs if you took away their guns.

People bitch about cops a lot, but lets see how you like having to deal with gangbangers instead XD

7. In a lot of countries, the cartel and gangs police the streets because the government won't or can't, and I'm not quite sure I'd be comfortable living in those towns...

8. [SUB]Old man shouldn't have gotten out.[/SUB]

[SUB]FUCK COPS.[/SUB]

9. Honestly, I agree. When you get pulled over you usually don't just get outta your car...

10. Nor should you show disobedience, grab for an object from the car and proceed to point it at said officer...

Honestly if you just cry foul at every use of force it weakens the credibility of legitimate grievances, and there's plenty of those to choose from anyway...

12. #32 landrace, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2014
    The police of the United States of America has a cushion job in comparison to the police officers of the third world, narco traffic countries, congo, and slums of the carribean. Police Officers in the USA are acting as if they're patrolling in Afghanistan or Iraq. Shoot first ask questions later...

Don't get me wrong they are times when police officers are justified, however to be frank it shouldn't matter if a cop showed he cared after he shot you, that's absurd. however to be fair this cop did in fact show TRUE compassion after he realize he fucked up.

The real purpose of the police is to tax the citizens throught (traffic tickets)  and contribute to the inflated prison population to increase the budget of the police department. I see more police officers pulling decent hardworking people over to tax them. I haven't heard or seen Police Officers stopped a rape, kidnapping, murder, and/or recover stolen property, because they're too busy writing tickets I bet if they look up once they can bust that junkie slanging H on my block, but they instead wrote a ticket because I parked on the wrong side of the road.

Some police officers don't even know the laws so how can you expect them to enforce said laws? In any event the police in the USA have an easy job compared to those countries listed above.

In the video i can clearly see it's a cane, cannot speak about the cop perspective, but I do believe he was inexperience and he was quick to pull the trigger. 

13. Exactly my biggest issue with this.

14. excuse my ignorance...but why the fuck do we need to 'renew' our sticker?

all this for some stupid sticker

15. #35 BlazedGlory, Mar 20, 2014

Haha you think cops in the third world have it hard? Try blatant, unabashed corruption and even less accountability than here dude. :laughing:

In Mexico you can literally bribe the cops with 20 bucks. :D Them Federales have it sooo hard.

16. I just hope the old man is okay. Is he okay?

You're missing the point yes curruption run rampant that why enforcing the laws are hard for just police officers. Police chief in mexico was beheaded, becuase he attmepted to enforce the law:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/oct/21/mexico-student-police-chief-drug-cartel

The idea that curruption runs rampant in most if not all of those countries are true, because it's either you comply or die lol

To be fair corruption is also in the USA as well, we can discuss the rampart scandals ?

To be fair this was quite recent:
    http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/story?section=news/local&id=9471671

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/16982180/feds-make-corruuption-arrests-in-jackson

**READ**
    and yes those Federales who attempt to enforce the laws do have it hard, harder then the police officer pulling over a senior citizen and busting a cap in him for mistaken a cane as a weapon in comparison to beheading a police chief becuase he made the ATTEMPT to enforce the law.

18. Same kind of stuff goes on north of the border too. Cops get killed and nobody gets caught. That's why shit like this happens.

What it comes down to is the poor old guy badly mishandled an encounter with law enforcement and tragically got shot. But the last thing you do if you get pulled over at night is get out of the car and reach back into it for anything at all.

19. #39 Strollin'crow, Mar 20, 2014
    lynch him

he's not "the police"

he's one asshole. who killed an old man

lynch him

20. Very mature and unbiased attitude about the situation which was handled incredibly poorly by the old man.