Police State

Discussion in 'Politics' started by sky dog, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Check out these New York riot cops with machine gun mounted motorcycles

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Too bad Dennis Hopper didn't have one of those, fuck those truckers up.

3. Yeah someone should have told those people that the tree of liberty is watered with blood or something like that

4. Mounty Bounty, Do you know where there is a higher resolution file of that poster?

5. Nice, the "World's Deadliest Indian" ... what year is that, 1918?

The police state is alive and well today, look what Portland, ME (Forbes' "Most Liveable City") just got:

[​IMG]

Two M113 Tanks... HooRah!

6. The NY Times article is from Feb. 14, 1917.

An Indian motorcycle! The father of one of my childhood friends told us that he had one, probably in the 1940's/50's.

I'm glad they protected the Ashokan reservoir, and others, in upstate New York. I hope that they still are, since that is where New York City's water comes from.

7. See the poster in the background???

[​IMG]

Sound familiar?

Do Your Part - Keep Banksters in Business: Buy Bailout Bonds!

8. #9 garrison68, Apr 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2009

Prints and Photographs Digital Item Display - ggb2006002230,

I do not think that that photo appeared with the NY Times story, either in the hard copy or the online version. Judging from the uniforms, they are probably not NYC cops. The NY Times story is from Feb. 1917, but the photo is dated 1918. Third Liberty Bonds were not released until 1918.

9. i'd give my left nut to have that old indian motorcycle...:p

10. That's why you must arm yourself.

11. It is good to get a perspective on America's history of overkill.

If you were firing that gun, wouldn't the recoil on wheels effect send you to New Jersey the hard way?

That would be fun to watch!

12. They can't do anything till they have our guns, but untill then everyday is a blessing, and when that day comes, I pray for all men in uniform, because the people will not go down without a fight!