Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Police Return Medical Marijuana

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by IndianaToker, Aug 30, 2005.

1. By Felix Doligosa Jr., Rocky Mountain News
    Source: Rocky Mountain News

Colorado -- Along with feeling redemption, Timothy Haas was also feeling queasy today as he picked up a plastic bag containing half an ounce of marijuana at the Denver Police Department. "I just want to go home and lie down," Haas said. "The marijuana will calm me down." Denver police returned the marijuana to Haas after authorities confiscated the drugs a month ago. Haas is prescribed to use medical marijuana for post traumatic syndrome and post concussion syndrome.

He suffered the ailments when he was attacked with a bat and stabbed three times in an attempted robbery at his wine business in 2001. Haas started using medical marijuana to deal with the pain three years ago.

In late July, Haas said he was stopped for a security check at Denver Health Medical Center when he visited his brother who was in an automobile accident. Haas showed his medical papers to police when they found marijuana in his backpack.

The drugs were taken away and Haas was never charged.

Robert Corry Jr., Haas' attorney, said he had threatened to file a lawsuit if the marijuana was not returned to his client. The two were happy after leaving the police department.

"This shows Colorado's medical marijuana program is alive and well," said Robert Corry Jr., Haas' attorney. "He wishes he didn't have to go through a lawyer to get it back."

Colorado is one of 10 states to allow people with certain medical conditions to use and grow marijuana with a doctor's approval.

Haas said the marijuana helps him deal with his muscle spasms and the constant vibrations he feels in his spine from his injury.

"I'm the voice for all the terminally ill and legitimate marijuana users who can't get out of bed," Haas said. "It's the last thing a terminal man wants to go through."

Source: Denver Rocky Mountain News (CO)
    Author: Felix Doligosa Jr., Rocky Mountain News
    Published: August 29, 2005
    Copyright: 2005 Denver Publishing Co.
    Link to article: http://www.cannabisnews.com/news/thread21073.shtml

2. wasnt denver supposed to be voting on wether or not to make MJ under an ounce legal to anyone over 21

impretty sure i heard that somewhere

3. Its good to hear he got it back. Im glad to see that medical MJ is being allowed in the US, its one tiny step towards more acceptance socially, but I think it still helps. And its good that people with terminal illness can use it legally, I know that I would rather smoke some cannabis to help ease my pain instead of popping a multitude of pills and putting a shitload of chemicals in my body just to make me feel better.

4. well you said terminal illness

if i had a terminal illness i really wouldnt care what was goin into my body i would pop the pills and smoke

but it is very good to see that the medical mj is kinda startin to take off i hope every state will adopt it