Pole Dancing

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by wsrd4b2, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Hello bladies and blades. So get this, today I'm flipping through the channels and I come up on the Documenary channel. The show was title Polar Opposites, and was about pole dancing and the feminist movement. Now, I had a very strong stance on 99.7% of strippers are never going to go anywhere in life,. Don't bash on me, it's an opinion, and if you are or know that 0.03% I don't care. Moving on, after watching this show, I want to take pole dancing classes. Those girls were strong. I don't mean the ones who stripped, but the instructors had smooth abs and toned arms, I mean, for a 40 year old woman this chick looked good. So, it is now *officially* on my bucket list to take these classes once I move. So my question to the bladies, have you/would you consider taking these classes? Have you acually seen anything on the classes? And for the blades, how would you feel about having a girl that takes these classes? Would you expect dances from her?

Edit: A lot of women taking the classes said it also helped with their self esteem and being more in touch with their femininity (sp?). Also, a lot of the women did not tell their partners about it.

2. I wouldn't mind my girl giving me a dance :D I would say go for it if it helps with self-esteem. I work out because it helps me with self-esteem. It has majorly helped and has just improved my life in general... If pole dancing does that for you.. Go for it! I don't think you'r a "slut or whore" just because you take some pole classes...

3. I do pole dancing classes. Not because I want to become a stripper haha. I do the classes because it's a new fun way to build up my muscle tone and get fit with other like minded women who have now become my friends.

When and if I go to the gym, I get stared at by men.
    When I go to these stupid women only gyms/fitness groups, they're boring and not dynamic.
    When I go to my pole dancing classes, I am surrounded by women only.. of all shapes, sizes and all of different ages.

As for what people think of it.. fuck that. People are always going to have opinions about something in one way or another and you shouldn't let THEIR thinking effect your life. You should just go for it :) you won't regret it!

Edit: I'm recovering from anorexia and bulimia, thanks to the confidence in my own body I have gotten from doing these classes, my self esteem has began to slowly build, over time. :)

4. I think people should encourage pole dancing. Who doesn't want a nice fit girl who can dance a little? It's not like every girl that does a little pole dancing is immediately a stripper lol

5. Oh man I'm probably gonna end up pming you for info. But yeah, one of the instructors actually battled anorexia and did pole dancing for the calorie buirn. She said the instructor and the other women complimenting her and telling her how she was beautiful really helped and she looks great!

6. I plan on trying it when I get some money and a little stronger. I have absolutely no upper body strength. I also want to strengthen my abs. I love how seductive it looks.;) I don't think my partners should expect dances but I do like to give them when I feel like they deserve it.