Pokemon X/Y Anticipation thread

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by BuffetCrayfish3, Oct 4, 2013.

1. I haven't seen one. Surely I'm not the only one excited for this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. No plenty of people have been dreaming of it havent you seen the commercials?

3. Nope, I've been trying to avoid any spoilers, but I'm so anxious to play it! I only really know about Legendaries, the starters, and the Mega evolutions.

4. I can't possibly wait.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Who is everyone picking for their starters?

6. wow i havent played pokemon in sooo many years. That shit used to be the funniest game ever as a kid. Is it still that way even into adult hood? havent ever heard anything about this really!

7. Thinking about buying a 3ds just so I can play the new Pokemon.

8. I can't wait! My brother has a 3DS but he's probably not getting the game, and I know he'll let me use since he's always busy. I literally just found my Pokemon White 2 and I'm going to start over on it right now to kill time throughout the week.

9. Its definitely evolved (no pun intended), for better or worse depending on the person. I find it more enjoyable now than I did when I first started on Blue.

10. Dont have a 3ds so I'm not too excited. Hopefully it will be a good game though. Still waiting on nintendo to do an open world pokemon game. 

Gen 1-2-3 > all

That reminds me... I should play sometime

11. Did they run out of colors or what

Sent from my MB886 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. I don't really get the concept of an open world Pokemon game. Would you play a Pokemon or a Trainer? How would combat play out? I'm all for the open world but there are so many ways to do it.

13. As a trainer IMO. Extremely expansive world with different pokemon appearing in different areas, ability to challenge people, hosted tournaments at certain times, bosses would be GYM leaders(perhaps some double battles?), maybe players can get themselves into different tier levels and serve as GYM leaders or Elite 4 level challenges. Include all regions up to this point and maybe one more and just make them huge expanses to explore. I'd also enjoy if they did make certain pokemon extremely rare or hard to find, not necessarily level based but more region based, maybe some easter eggs or secret entrances leading to rarer pokemon areas. Idk, just how i would do it.

14. I'm getting my game soon! I have stuff to do throughout the day, but I'm going to play it on/off and all night. I'm going with X and the water starter plus Charmander, I really wanted the green one, but at the end of the game you supposedly get the starter you're weakest to (so I'll have the green one, too). I guess there's a special Torchic as a Mystery Gift, so this will be first game in a while where I didn't just only level the original starter and sweep with it until I get legendaries lol.

The graphics look amazing compared to the usual 2D and I'm just excited for everything in general.

15. #15 Koska, Oct 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2013
    After a little Googling, I'm pretty excited despite hating Black and White with the red hot intensity of a thousand suns. It seems like they're going more for the Gold and Silver vibe, old Pokemon are there, not somehow magically blocked from the region until you beat the champion.

I think I'll try and pickup the 3DS bundle for Y(and there are other games that caught my eye). The only thing that bugs me is that I gave away my DS heavy, and Nintendo seems to think the middle finger>a Gameboy Advance cartridge slot...

*Edit* Never mind, just found out about the Pokebank. :hello:

16. #16 full melt, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2013
    It's a lot of fun. I haven't enjoyed a pokemon game since leaf green but I'm totally addicted to Pokemon Y. Another amazing game for the 3ds.

17. I picked it up on the 12th. Its amazing so far, and all the new Pokemon look really good. I haven't found a single one I don't like yet.

18. Dude I have always done the same thing. Level the starter the whole time then just exp share the elite 4 constantly. With this game I actually have 4 pokemon that I'm struggling to keep within the level range that my last badge allows. Evolving them is more rewarding too because I have no idea what they're going to look like.

Most fun I've had playing pokemon since blue/red.

19. #19 Clutter Queen, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2013
    Got X the day it was released and I beat it day before yesterday. It was such a fun game! I ended up working on my team so much and it was probably the first game where I felt like I had my own perfect "dream team". 

I picked Fennekin, which is now a Delphox. Everyone was complaining about how he looked because he's supposed to look like a mage apparently but I think he looks badass. 

20. I beat the game and traded all the Pokémon I wanted to keep over to a different 3DS before restarting (I'm just letting all the extremely over leveled ones sit in their boxes until post-game again to be fair) I picked the water starter the first run and got the fire at the end of the game at lvl 5 because I heard it was supposed to be grass pre-launch. So, I picked Chespin this time to use with a Squirtle and the fox.

I really want to see more mega evolutions in Z and the other generation starters and legendaries in 3D. These were the best games yet, but they could've gave us more legendaries. Hopefully, there's more mega evolutions coming to compensate for it. Now, I just got to grind through the game because I don't feel like looking for a bunch of items I don't need again lol. I can always go back if it's important or look things up online.