Poison Ivy

Discussion in 'General' started by hazed n dazed, Jun 23, 2010.

1. fuck. i was wearing jeans and i guess brushed up against one and it was on my pantleg and i gues...anyway fuck the story and to the point. i have poison ivy everywhere...like i mean everywhere. i have it on the top of my head. under both eyes, behind both ears. on my neck. the middle of my back. both arms. left hand. both hips. both inner thighs, right knee. all the way down my right leg. and on both feet. it started on my left foot first. then just wouldnt stop spreading. wtf! i dont get it, im not allergic to it at all! last year (actually exactly a year +a week) i rolled around in a 'bed' of poison ivy because i was proving a point to my friend that im immune. i did it..nothing happened as always. but then this year i brushed up against a leaf with my pantleg and it decides to spread everywhere? i mean i know your body changes but damn. so anyway, is there any urban remedies or ways you blades know of stopping the spreading, and killing the itch and getting rid of the existing rashes? i was also wondering if smoking would help that..like it does for my ADHD, eventhough theyre two totally different things. but thanks in advance guys. sorry for the rant.

2. Where's the LB?

3. Seconded, Fail troll, is FAIL TROLL. Atleast try a new user account?

4. theres not a whole lot you can do once you get it
    i suggest tea-tree oil after a LOONG warm (not hot) shower, make sure you rinse very well and use a mild soap, then proceed after drying off thoroughly take some rubbing alcohol and dab on some of that with a cotton ball on the worse areas, then after a few minutes rub in the tea-tree oil.
    do this a couple times a day
    be careful with your face though, since it is soo close to your eyes i wouldnt suggest using the oil there, but instead make an oatmeal patty or mask and use that on your face, leave the oatmeal there for at least 5 min

im actually very allergic to poison ivy/oak/sumak so i have quite a few tricks up my sleeve to deal with it.

oh, and i know its tough, but try your damndest to not scratch, popping and opening up the blisters will just make it itch worse and has to potential to spread it further. if you need a quick anti itch help then go buy some of those gel ice packs, they work wonders when the itchy gets too bad.

5. lol wtf. ill post pics of my poison ivy if you realllllly want me to lol. sometimes people are just...ha oh and i have a vid of me rollin around in it last year...its on a mini DV tho, idk how to get that to a computer.

6. thanks :) at least i got a real answer lol. i feel like im being eaten alive haha. its driving me insane.

7. im sure, ive had it on my face before, wasnt a fun time, let me tell yah, ive had to go to the hospital before because another it was on my face it got into my mouth:(

and yeah, i know that im super allergic to the crap, but i love outdoor stuff like hiking, camping, fishing...so im just really careful, but if i do happen to brush up against some without realizing, and the oil gets from my clothes onto my hands...im done for for a while

if you need more help, just let me know, ill let you know what else has worked for me before, the way i told u earlier is the best way ive found so far that works for me....especially the oatmeal on the face part. because when you get something like that on your face, especially near your eyes, you have to be careful what you put on it. and believe me...you do NOT want tea-tree oil in your eyes...:eek:

8. It could be that you touched poison oak, and you're still immune to poison ivy.

Take a bath and add a 1/2lb of bentonite clay to it. Rub the clay all over your rashes. That will clear up any rash that is caused by oils, like poison oak and poison ivy.

9. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL :p

10. true i didnt even think of that

and plankton...i lol'd too. whatever. we'll see what happens.

11. Bro I still believe you, but the joke was flawless :p

12. hahaha i know. im glad that i can come on GC and get a good laugh. ive had a horrible week so far.

13. Lol dude i was bout to say the same shit hahaha :hello: :hello:

14. Ya, I had a lax game and the field was by some poison ivy. I went to get the ball and got it on both ankles. It's slowly creeping up my legs and my right arm.

It's whatever though, I get some twice a year. Just gotta wait for your immunity to take it down after like two weeks.

Also man, it's probably rolling around in it, that caused you to become allergic. When I was 9, I knocked over a wasps nest and got bit and stung all over my body. Luckily, I wasn't really allergic. A year later I got stung and it swelled tremendously. Now, I gotta be careful cause I could potentially go to the hospital over it.

15. trueeee. haha the same thing happened to me. those damn huge hornet nests, i didnt know any better at that age and chucked a rock at it...bad idea. like you i was stung on about 90% of my body. they took me to the hospital, but its reverse now lol if i get stung it gets numb like always but just itches like a mosquito bite.

16. You are either the unluckiest kid in the world, stoned all the fucking time, or just a troll. =(

17. why? this kinda thing is actually pretty common...a couple of weeks ago aian decided to step on a bee because he didnt know any better...he's not even two years old!
    when you dont know something because you havent been exposed to it, its not from being unlucky or even stupid, its just because you didnt know...and with a lot of things, there is no real way to describe it to you.
    case in point
    everyone here knows what hot is like, and that if something is hot enough it WILL burn you if you touch it...do you think you were born with this knowledge? of course not! you learned it because someone told you not to touch something because it was hot, you dont know what hot means and you touched it. after that, you know what hot means!:p

he didnt know he was allergic to poison ivy/oak/sumac...
    he didnt know that a mob of pissed off hornets would come after him and sting him that badly...
    so he did these things, and (whadda-ya kno!) he learned!!